Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Trek or Star Wars? You choose.

+8
me naam is m
Thingy
Shemuel
Galaxy-Scarface
FlashFreak22
Earthdeath
Stryker
Terran Kovu
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Star Trek or Star Wars?  You choose. - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek or Star Wars? You choose.

Post by Terran Kovu 2009-05-26, 23:20

A x wing can get destroyed in 1 shot by a nova class. And like i said Q could make them all disapear.
Terran Kovu
Terran Kovu
Cadet
Cadet

Male Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-05-16

http://www.myspace.com/startrekkovu

Back to top Go down

Star Trek or Star Wars?  You choose. - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek or Star Wars? You choose.

Post by Earthdeath 2009-05-26, 23:38

And don't forget ground troops.Trek has the advantages of speed, stealth, shape shifters and actual firepower.SW just plain sucks at ground combat, after all, they seem to jump into lasers going slower than slug.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7919
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2009-05-26, 23:42

yeah... and they seem to have problems making armor of anything else than paper mache (or whatever it's called, you know what i mean)
Thingy
Thingy

Male Number of posts : 4452
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2009-05-26, 23:48

Yeah.And then they have the Jedi.They do fancy saber swinging crap, you just shoot them with a phaser.Dodge that ballerina boy.
Don't bring up the force, or Q will own it and you.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashFreak22 2009-05-27, 17:57

But still, bringing up the force. They anticipate where it will come from, not using supernatural reflexes to block what they see! Besides, if a crazy jedi master can suffocate you through a TV screen, then a whole planet of them can win a war.
FlashFreak22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1510
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2009-05-27, 18:00

Terran Kovu wrote:And like i said Q could make them all disapear.

Stop using the Q as a 'straight win' solution. If Picard could reason them away, then the Jedi certainly could.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashFreak22 2009-05-27, 18:04

Apologies for referencing back to one of the first posts here, but Star Trek is for men? You're 14! Tell me three reasons why Star Trek is more manly - excuse me - "manly" than Star Wars.
FlashFreak22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2009-05-27, 18:10

ST doesnt have gender confused blond guys running around hitting people with light sticks. Or a most likely gay robot running around with a midget( it had to be said. Dont kill me!)

But no, there's no difference really. Both are for nerds/ semi nerds
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashFreak22 2009-05-27, 18:19

And does that mean Star Trek is manly? If you wear a robe doesn't mean you're gender confused, and being blond isn't bad, unless I don't like you. And you're also right for the nerd/semi nerd, but nearly everyone has seen Star Wars and all the stereotypes say the ST is nerdier, so I will ignore you in righteous anger.
FlashFreak22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by bodysurfnj 2009-05-27, 18:26

Star Trek has to be better. A Klingon could kick Yoda across the galaxy. The Jedi with the Force would be pooped on by the Jem'Hadar or the Borg or Data's cat.
bodysurfnj
bodysurfnj
Passenger
Passenger

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryker 2009-05-27, 18:34

star trek i think is more manly in the sense of where men should be in 300 or so years. Star Wars is more action that younger folks admire. ST is more of a thinking style, where Star Wars is more of a action-oriented movie.

But one thing that i love about the plot in Star Wars is how Palpatine manipulates everyone from the very start. I mean, no one expected he would rise to that great a power so quickly. If any of you have read about the history of Caesar, he also did something very similar to this. Palpatine had a foresight that is completely unrivaled.
Stryker
Stryker
Cadet
Cadet

Male Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy-Scarface 2009-05-27, 20:25

1. he's not gay. he just has an insanity greater that even DJ's.
2. a jem'haddar? are you kidding me? and no, a klingon could not kick yoda, he would dodge it. unless there is a whole gang of klingons...
Galaxy-Scarface
Galaxy-Scarface
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3090
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2009-05-27, 20:51

Which there usually happen to be.And I'd like to see him fight a Changeling.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashFreak22 2009-05-27, 23:09

Uhh, he would just hold it in place and force apoplexy it! I love that power... And if a Klingon tried to kick Yoda, he would dodge/kill klingon. He didn't even wave his hands to kill a pair of elite soldiers that served as Palpatine's guards.
FlashFreak22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Terran Kovu 2009-05-27, 23:32

Q Would delete Yoda from the Univrese. 1 Klingon could totaly take yoda down. Klingons have there honor to drive them.
Terran Kovu
Terran Kovu
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2009-05-28, 04:47

well, honor's not very useful when your head's been cut off by a light saber. And youda's the strongest guy in the whole ST universe, hell, he'd probably be able to take on 50 klingons without sweating
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlo 2009-05-28, 05:02

true, Yoda is all powerful, there is no telling how many klingons he can kill

btw

what the heck is this Q?!
Karlo
Karlo
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2008-09-21

http://3700ad.motionsforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2009-05-28, 08:20

Stryker wrote:But one thing that i love about the plot in Star Wars is how Palpatine manipulates everyone from the very start. I mean, no one expected he would rise to that great a power so quickly. If any of you have read about the history of Caesar, he also did something very similar to this. Palpatine had a foresight that is completely unrivaled.

Palpatine is far more cunning than Caesar. Caesar only took over the republic because he had to pay his gambling debts. Imagine the scenario: you are at the head of an army when you are told to hand it over and come back to Rome. Do you:
A) hand it over
B) take over the entire Roman world and kill those who you owe money to
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashFreak22 2009-05-28, 19:05

Hmm... Tough choice... But anyway, I bet you anything that if a Klingon fought Yoda, the little green dude would kick his bum.
FlashFreak22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Terran Kovu 2009-05-28, 19:19

The Q have the power to do any thing. They are like gods.
Terran Kovu
Terran Kovu
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryker 2009-05-28, 19:27

Shemuel wrote:
Stryker wrote:But one thing that i love about the plot in Star Wars is how Palpatine manipulates everyone from the very start. I mean, no one expected he would rise to that great a power so quickly. If any of you have read about the history of Caesar, he also did something very similar to this. Palpatine had a foresight that is completely unrivaled.

Palpatine is far more cunning than Caesar. Caesar only took over the republic because he had to pay his gambling debts. Imagine the scenario: you are at the head of an army when you are told to hand it over and come back to Rome. Do you:
A) hand it over
B) take over the entire Roman world and kill those who you owe money to

I don't think he was motivated for just that purpose. I hope you are joking. If not can you cite any sources that support your argument? But ya, Palpatine was a bit more cunning, I agree.
Stryker
Stryker
Cadet
Cadet

Male Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashFreak22 2009-05-28, 21:03

Terran Kovu wrote:The Q have the power to do any thing. They are like gods.
God has the power to do anything. He's like a Chuck Norris. You constantly use the Q as an excuse for ST supremacy, but since there are no references to the power of weapons/technology that overlap with the other universe, the Q could be as technologically pitiful as a Rancor in Star Wars.
FlashFreak22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2009-05-28, 21:05

But he doesn't need technology.He uses his mind to strip you naked and dangle you in front of a hungry DJ.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy-Scarface 2009-05-28, 21:09

Terran Kovu wrote:The Q have the power to do any thing. They are like gods.
false. not anything. most things, but not everything. q is like ST's version of the Force.
Galaxy-Scarface
Galaxy-Scarface
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Terran Kovu 2009-05-28, 21:15

Yeah Right Q can kill the force.
Terran Kovu
Terran Kovu
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2009-05-28, 21:16

just by exhaling the force would go away and DJ would have to leave his shiny new deathstar..
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Terran Kovu 2009-05-28, 21:26

Whos DJ?
Terran Kovu
Terran Kovu
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2009-05-28, 21:29

Rookies..
Darkjedi.Your lucky he hasn't eaten you PC yet.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Terran Kovu 2009-05-28, 21:34

Bash the computer theres an error.
Terran Kovu
Terran Kovu
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2009-05-28, 21:35

Nah, he eats them.Its in his profile.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2009-05-29, 04:47

Terran Kovu wrote:Whos DJ?

you dont know who DJ is?! really?! like, really, really really? i mean, i knew him after a day or two here. Like ED said, he's very prone to eating things. Like babies, or computers, or small kids looking for their mommy. Hey, did i mention he's a jedi? a dark jedi?
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Terran Kovu 2009-05-29, 22:13

How did we get from Star wars vs startrek to this?
Terran Kovu
Terran Kovu
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy-Scarface 2009-05-30, 11:22

well now it went to a lock. this is a matter of opinion anyway.
Galaxy-Scarface
Galaxy-Scarface
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2009-05-30, 22:45

This always happens to these kinds of topics.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum