Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pre-Story

+2
me naam is m
Darkwing
6 posters

Go down

The Pre-Story Empty The Pre-Story

Post by Darkwing 2009-02-05, 18:39

For those that are working on the in-game plot for the campaigns, here's a little background:

BM2 - Pre BM3
The Dominion onslaught lasted for many years. The Earth Empire managed to destabilize the Bajoran wormhole, but it was too late. The Dominion had already wiped out half of the quadrant, and had base locations set up on Blender and on Earth. The humans of earth were forced to leave, or become slaves to the Dominion. Many races were wiped out, and the strongest were crippled beyond repair, including the Klingons, Humans and the Romulans. The human refugees stumbled their way into a dense asteroid field, were the Earth Empire once had a secret base of operations. There, many warships, and the technology to build more ships lay waiting. The humans and their newfound allies in the Klingons and Romulans, set to work on rebuilding, and vanquishing the Dominion. As they were about to strike however, a loyalist Cardassian group struck Terra Nova unexpectedly. Most of the ships were destroyed, and never saw battle with the Dominion. A few warships slipped out, and were able to cripple the Dominion, by dealing severe blows to both Earth and blender, leaving both uninhabitable. Many planets had been destoryed, and there was little left to go home to. Due to this, the alliance between the Klingons, Romulans and humans began to destabilize, and they engaged in another civil war, with all sides losing.

Pre - BM3
The year was 2406 - the 25th century. Most of everything was destroyed, and there was little life left in the Alpha Quadrant. Escaping the battle, a severely damaged Akira cruiser, under the command of James Roberts, fled into a dense, unexplored nebula. Looking for a place to make repairs, Roberts and his crew made their way into an asteroid field, and discovered the long forgotten and deserted planet of Vex. Calling all data up on it, Roberts learned that the last group to enter the nebula, was a Romulan expedition which mysteriously disappeared - over 150 years ago. Roberts set the Akira into orbit around the ruined remains of the planet Vex. Detecting a faint energy signal on the planet's surface, Roberts and an away team transported to the surface, hoping to find something they could integrate into the failing power systems of the Akira. All they found was a single crystal. The away team transported back to the ship, just as a klingon cruiser stumbled its way into the nebula, hunting the Akira cruiser. Suddenly, the planet started to crumble into itself. The engineer of the Akira quickly tried to integrate it into the power systems of the Akira, as the klingon cruiser started to open fire on the cruiser. Suddenly, the Akira's warp engines activated, and with a sudden burst of energy, the ship went to warp speed, travelling back in time.

BM3
The Akira exited warp in the fringes of space. It didn't take long for the crew to realize that they had exited warp not only in a different place, but in a different time - the 23rd Century.

As the Captain of the Akira cruiser, it is your mission to prevent the Earth Empire from existing, and to create the Federation of Planets instead, avoiding the war with the Klingons, that would lead to the Dominion's overtake of the quadrant. This is the one chance to set things right, and prevent total and utter annihilation, the problem is, nobody believes you are from the future, and the Earth Empire at the moment is ruthless, and the only way they will listen, is by using force, diplomacy, and to seek out this now extinct race known as the Vexxians.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

The Pre-Story Empty Re: The Pre-Story

Post by me naam is m 2009-02-05, 18:42

excellent! cheers
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9981
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2009-02-05, 18:46

that kind of sums up the first two BMs, while introducing BM3 and it's connection to the rest of the series
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2009-02-05, 18:56

It's good. It really brings it together that at first might not be obvious.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtull 2009-02-05, 19:03

hmm. actually that is a great piece of work it brilliantly places the player with a objective and engages the reader.
Jtull
Jtull
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5308
Location : How do you want me to put it? 6 figure grid reference? Codernates? 4 dimentional spacial codernates?
Registration date : 2007-12-04

http://twitter.com/#!/jbctull

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2009-02-05, 19:07

well, it does give someone a goal. i mean the whole conquering the galaxy gets old after the first time. i never finished playing bm1 because i got bored of it. it felt like there was no purpose, now, with a storyline to play tjrough, hopefully it'll keep the player engaged, and there might be a few neat things in there
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtull 2009-02-05, 19:35

Darkwing wrote:well, it does give someone a goal. i mean the whole conquering the galaxy gets old after the first time. i never finished playing bm1 because i got bored of it. it felt like there was no purpose, now, with a storyline to play tjrough, hopefully it'll keep the player engaged, and there might be a few neat things in there

same here it got boring once money wasent a issue and to takeing planets gets boring when you have a fleet of like 200 ships.
Jtull
Jtull
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5308
Location : How do you want me to put it? 6 figure grid reference? Codernates? 4 dimentional spacial codernates?
Registration date : 2007-12-04

http://twitter.com/#!/jbctull

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2009-02-05, 19:37

yep, so it is time to manipulate the engine! but i'll start that in march, after the conquest is finished, and beta testing begins on it
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2009-02-05, 19:42

Darkwing wrote:yep, so it is time to manipulate the engine! but i'll start that in march, after the conquest is finished, and beta testing begins on it

and that will be when you hit the roadblock. trust me...
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2009-02-05, 19:44

oh yeah, campaigns not fun! might even have to rewrite a chunk of the original code, just to make it adapt to campaigns. but i'll see what karlo and the rest come up with for a gameplay story
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2009-02-06, 13:15

Perfect!

This makes the storyline work!
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9277
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2009-02-07, 23:45

Thanks, i'll start working on the story asap Smile

And exactly what year is it?
Thingy
Thingy

Male Number of posts : 4452
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2009-02-08, 00:51

Bm3 starts in 2406ish, and they go back in time to the mid 2200s. date is unspecific, but it has to be before they refitted all the ships to the square nacelles and stuff
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2009-02-08, 07:30

i'd say you pick a random TOS (series!) episode and use that date...
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down