Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly Update - June 7th 2011

Go down

Weekly Update - June 7th 2011 Empty Weekly Update - June 7th 2011

Post by Darkwing 2011-06-07, 15:27

Weekly Blue Planet Trafficshare Update
June 7th 2011

This week we don't have too much to report. Things have slowed down again as we head into summer soon and the site itself is experiencing some technical difficulties. We would of course like to remind our Trafficshare representatives to always send us an update by the Monday of each week, regardless of if anything has or hasn't happened.

Trafficshare Announcements
This week there isn't too much to share along the lines of Trafficshare. Naturally we only have few websites as part of the Trafficshare exchange so it would be really appreciated if you knew of any sites that might be interested, to please contact me or Honor (chris.cameron@blueplanetrp.com or honor@blueplanetrp.com). Also, we're looking to name these weekly updates and we're voting between the names Traffic Tuesday or Trafficshare Tuesday. Submit your vote via e-mail, or log onto Facebook and fill out the poll on our Facebook page.

Current Trafficshare Sites

Section 31 Roleplay
Weekly Update - June 7th 2011 S31ban10
Section 31 Roleplay is primarily a RPG-X Based Group, onto which we
roleplay on our 2 servers. We are a group of people aiming to create a
welcoming environment, onto which our officers can relax and enjoy their
time. We do not wish to burden anyone with lots of responsibilities, or
make them feel like they are not wanted, as everyone in our community
is!
Battlestar Valfreyja
Weekly Update - June 7th 2011 Bsvban10
[i]Welcome to The Battlestar Valfreyja, BS-03. Have you got what it takes
to defend your 12 colonies against the Cylon threat. if you have. Enlist
aboard Virgon's own. See you at boot camp Nugget!.

Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Weekly Update - June 7th 2011 Ftbann10
FT:TUF is a general site for sci-fi fans and a home away from home for many. Starting out as a basis for the Broken Mirror 3 flash game, FT:TUF has since expanded to become much more than just a sci-fi forum!

FT:TUF as reported in the previous TS Update, is working on setting up a new fantasy RP. This RP is inspired by the DragonAge video games and we need help setting it up! Log in to help and eventually play when it's up and running!
Also, FT:TUF is working on re-establishing a formal downloads page which will include the original Flash Trek games and their source codes, along with the plugins, Red Squad and many more things!

Blue Planet General Update
As you may have noticed, BP is currently experiencing issues regarding members being able to stay logged in. The reason for this is that the former host of BP went out of business and therefore we had to change servers. We are now completely hosted on Tucker Downs server so we give many thanks to him for his continued support of Blue Planet.
If you are having problems with logging in, please inform Honor and outline exactly what's going on. This is mainly to make sure that we are all suffering the same problem. Also on the note of mechanical difficulties, with the server switch, the board e-mail currently does not work. This will be rectified but could take a while. We're not entirely sure the extent of this, but this may not allow for new users to register at BP or should you do anything such as reset your account or change your e-mail, the board won't be able to send you an e-mail that would allow you to log back on. If you run into any troubles, you can contact either Leach (tucker@tuckerd.info) or Honor or even in the worst case scenario me (chrisacameron@ymail.com until the BP e-mail is running again)

Creative Suite
This week the Creative Suite would like to share a short story by the user Munk. It's a great read so please check it out!

Munk wrote:Charles Marin strained and yanked hard against whatever it was holding his wrists behind his back. He guessed vines. That was what was tied around his ankles and knees anyway. He struggled more, trying to escape before whatever it was building up the campfire decided to move. The fire was getting good and hot, smoke rolling out in thick billows from the mouth of the cave and into the night beyond. He could feel the vines straining now, almost home free.

But too late. Whatever it was had finished building the fire and was standing up, impossibly tall and wide. It stared at him for just a few seconds, and when it finally spoke, it did so as if chewing on gravel.

"Do you think we are animals, Mr. Marin?"

Charles had no answer, he had been completely stunned to silence by that voice. The Creature stepped closer and he could see now that it was completely covered head to toe in thick brown fur. The only things that were not covered on it were the black hands and feet. A face, far too human for Charles' comfort, eyed him seriously.

"Well? Have you nothing to say? No defense for your years and years of reckless attempts to capture me and my kind?"

Charles managed to stutter now but it was all he could muster. "I... "

Something in The Creature's voice suggested annoyance. It moved closer, chest to chest with him and now Charles could truly witness it's immense size. It leaned down, nose to nose. Words spoken through jagged yellow teeth. It's rancid breath nearly causing Charles to vomit.

"Mr. Marin. I am trying to be civil but if you continue to say nothing I will assume the worst and make sure that you never leave this cave. It is imperative to your continued health that you be open and honest. We are a forgiving race."

Charles finally managed to squeak aloud in a voice completely unsuitable to a man of fifty years. "I'm sorry?"

"Sorry?" It moved away. Kept it's massive back to him. "Sorry. The reason I brought you here requires something more than an apology. It requires a sacrifice."

"Please, just tell me why I'm here and I can fix this." Charles said, still working to escape his bonds.

"My son is why."

Charles stopped for a moment. Heard the melancholy tone in The Creature's voice.

"Your trap, Mr. Marin. You've set them up before and we've been good about dodging them but my youngest was not so wise. He stepped in your trap and though we managed to rescue him, he died soon after."

Charles remembered now. The blood in the trap and the strange hairs nearby. He also recalled a large path cleared through the trampled brush as though something huge had made a frantic escape. He'd sent the blood and hair to an advanced laboratory in California for analysis. He'd received the test results a week later. The words printed on it still seared in his head. "Samples indicate unknown primate."

The next day he was he was out here, looking for the body, looking for more blood, looking for anything. Anything at all to prove his theory. It was a day he'd remember forever; a day the entire world would remember. If he could find what he was looking for he could finally call himself a scientist without being laughed from the room. They'd make movies and write books about this. Newspapers everywhere would bear his name.

He was lost in the fantasy when he was assaulted and dragged, semi-conscious and in great pain, through several miles of woods and mud. He woke up fully bound in this cave and now he was staring into the face of exactly what he'd been searching for.

"So it did die..." He mumbled to himself, thinking back on the memory.

"Yes. He did." The Creature replied angrily, turning back to face Charles. "You got your precious hair sample, some blood even. Finally some real evidence. But that's never been enough for you, has it? Thirty years, Mr. Marin, thirty years you've been hunting us with your traps and cameras. Tracking us with guides and dogs. You've gotten hair samples, some footprints, you even witnessed one of us drinking from a stream, something very few have ever been lucky enough to see. But I promise you... it stops now."

"You're going to kill me?"

"Maybe." It shrugged. "I am, as I have said before, full of forgiveness. Perhaps too much but there it is. I require something very simple from you. Something that is surely worth your life."

Charles stutters again. "W-what?"

"Quit. That's all. Quit and never enter these woods again."

"I can't do that. My career - "

" - is what caused this in the first place." The Creature finished. "I am well aware of what you do and who you are. You make a living off of our existence. You show photographs, collect evidence and try desperately to get the real scientific community to note your works. You're famous in many places and for many things, sometimes as a genius, sometimes as a loon. Normally you and those like you are not a problem, only catching small glimpses of our children who have yet to perfect their camouflage."

"Children?"

"Yes. Our children, much like yours. I had one, if you'll remember." A short, very silent pause before it spoke again, that same edge returning to it's voice. "You will stop or you will die. You will go and make a public announcement that we do not exist and that after thirty years of searching you have given up."

Charles shouted, echoing thickly in the cave. "But that will ruin me!"

The Creature remained calm at the outburst. Spoke in that same tone. "I assure you I can do much worse. You are a famous man no doubt but at this moment you are nothing more than a lost hiker. Another sad statistic. They may search for you. They may write books about your finds, your career and your life but I can assure you one thing. You will never be found."

Charles began to tug at his bonds more fiercely. The Creature just watched and let him do so, quite confident that the vines would hold him.

"How does it feel?" It asked. "Being trapped? You know, I had considered earlier bringing in a trap like your own, the one my son died from. I'd make you feel his pain. You would suffer how he suffered."

A heart-pumping silence between them, The Creature glaring daggers. It seemed to sigh and then said: "But I am the civil sort. You are certainly a foolish man but you are not evil. I know that."

Charles felt offended but his brain told him that it would be wise to stay quiet about it. His mouth did not listen. "I am no fool! I am Charles Marin, the most revered man in cryptozoology!"

The Creature did not stay calm this time. It wrapped a big hairy palm around Charles' neck and physically lifted him off his feet. He felt the blood slowing and his legs, still tied together, kicked weakly. He could feel his eyes getting bigger, threatening to pop. Pressure and pain invaded every part of him as his brain began to suffocate. His tongue swelled and his vision went slowly black.

The Creature drops him. "Mr. Marin you have no idea how incredibly lucky or stupid you truly are. The laws of my kind forbid reckless murder but I assure you it will not be the first time I break a law. You will leave this cave and these woods. You will never come back here and you will tell your adoring public that we do not exist and that they should stop looking. You will do this immediately."

Charles coughed violently as he returned from the brink of death. He talked between coughing fits. "Okay! Okay. I'll do it... Just please, let me live. I'm so sorry."

Did The Creature smile? Charles' vision was coming back but it was impossible to tell in the dimming firelight.

"That's all I wanted. That's it." The Creature helped Charles to his feet, brushed him off and removed the vines that were holding him. Charles only now realized how badly his wrists and ankles were bleeding from his struggling against the tight bonds. They burned sharply but he could bear it for the price of his freedom.

" Do not attempt to track us down ever again. This is not my home nor is it near our colony. Bringing yourself or others to this cave will get you no farther than a deep, unmarked grave." It shoved Charles forward. "Get out of here now and never come back."

Charles did not wait. He ran full-tilt towards the mouth of the cave. He didn't know where he was going exactly but he did know what direction he was heading. The opposite of wherever that Creature was.

The Creature shouted back from the mouth of the cave and Charles stopped and turned, afraid of angering the beast again. Everything in his body told him to just run, just get away. But he listened and stood still.

The Creature stood in the mouth of the cave, silhouetted by the firelight inside. His voice was strong even at this distance. "I swear to you, if you do not keep your promise, I will know. I will know and I will find you and I will make sure you pay the price of that betrayal."

The Creature slowly began to fade away and as it disappeared, Charles felt like he was watching it happen through a shaky video or a blurry photograph.

-Munk, Munk's Mind

RP Updates
Not too much to update this week regarding the RPs, each one keeps moving along. The date for Atlantis' start has been pushed ahead due to the recent server change and its surrounding problems.

Current RPs
Stargate Command
Stargate: SG-1 alternate reality. Archeology, science, and military
types alike must work together for the exploration of the universe and
the protection of our planet. Gear up, head out, and kick some alien
tale! Or make friends with them. Just survive to protect Earth and
return home.

Omega Base
The next generation of Stargate personnel travel to the Frontier Galaxy.
A new galaxy, new worlds, new cultures, and new enemies. What
adventures awaits the new generation of SGC personnel? Are you up to
the challenge?

Atlantis
The Pegasus Galaxy. The Lost City. New dangers await our Stargate teams
as they become the resident caretakers of the City of the Ancients. New
friends, new faces, new dangers, and a whole lot of new territory.

In Atlantis news, the Atlantis RP will be starting up soon, June 10th to be precise!
Honor wrote:We will be starting in the thick of a mess. There will be plenty of conflict to begin with.

The time frame has not changed. The past several missions have ended in Wraith cullings. The last three have not gone that far, but the Wraith are indeed showing up. Ryl is now 8 months pregnant with the twins.

Darkwing Continuum
Existence itself is being threatened! With a dark and ancient threat
finally coming to light, secrets will be revealed and sides determined.
The pillars of the universe are about to fall and the only thing that
stands in the way of space being destroyed, is the crew of the
Darkwing...

Solar Exodus
Set in the future where mankind has been forced to leave Earth after a
dying sun begins destroying the solar system. Take your place amongst
humanities last survivors, journey far into space and see how far your
‘humanity’ keeps you safe with Wolves as your only saviors...

Annals of Lystra
Horses. Knights. Damsels in distress. Life in the huts, or life in the
palace? You decide. Take up residence in Lystra, under King Karel's
rule, and try to make a life for yourself. That is, of course, if you
manage to survive disease and rogue Warriors.

The Christian Crusade
Join Jake McCormick and the Crusade, Christians against the evils of
this Universe. Demonic forces are attacking all around - it is the
Redemption's job to lead the physical war. But they also understand a
much deeper purpose and strength than your average futuristic battle for
life.

Star Wars: Rebellion
People are chafing under Imperial Rule, and war is on the horizon. Maybe
you're a Jedi in hiding. Maybe you're a simple farmer, who decided to
join the fight. Maybe you're a diplomat, working the Rebellion
underground. You get to choose!

Questions, Comments, Contact
Again should you ever have any questions or comments regarding Blue Planet or Trafficshare, simply send me an e-mail (chrisacameron@ymail.com until BP e-mail is back) or send me a private message!
Also, don't forget to check out our Facebook Page it's a great way to keep updated on what's happening!
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down