Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important Survey

+6
killerflood
Galaxy-Scarface
Leach54
Liljenborg
A-BIack_Man
Darkwing
10 posters

Go down

What is Your Level of Activity and Why?

Important Survey I_vote_lcap11%Important Survey I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 8 ]
Important Survey I_vote_lcap7%Important Survey I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
Important Survey I_vote_lcap4%Important Survey I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
[ 8 ]
Important Survey I_vote_lcap8%Important Survey I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
Important Survey I_vote_lcap5%Important Survey I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Important Survey I_vote_lcap0%Important Survey I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Important Survey I_vote_lcap3%Important Survey I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Important Survey I_vote_lcap8%Important Survey I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
[ 3 ]
Important Survey I_vote_lcap1%Important Survey I_vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Important Survey I_vote_lcap0%Important Survey I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Important Survey I_vote_lcap3%Important Survey I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 8 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
Important Survey I_vote_lcap5%Important Survey I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
[ 8 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 76

Important Survey Empty Important Survey

Post by Darkwing 2011-08-13, 01:13

Hey folks, before you go jumping to conclusions, please read. This survey isn't a "we're dying and I'm panicking" thing, however, as Founder, I do have to make certain decisions every now and again that involve our long term future. Anyways, I just need some information on activity and your personal reasons for how active you are and all that and how active you think you'll likely be in say 6 months to a year's time. You can choose multiple options. Please only pick the ones that apply to you Smile

It would be good if you could also elaborate on any points that are or aren't included here to help further my knowledge of everyone's standing here.

Thanks Wink
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Important Survey Empty Re: Important Survey

Post by A-BIack_Man 2011-08-13, 03:20

You know, I honestly don't know why I don't post a lot more. Guess it depends on the mood I'm in.

Oh, and why is 'I don't like the people here' really an option?
A-BIack_Man
A-BIack_Man

Male Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Liljenborg 2011-08-13, 07:49

I wish I had time to hang out and even help develop projects. But I only have 24 hours and I have to prioritize.
Liljenborg
Liljenborg
Passenger
Passenger

Male Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://www.liljenborg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leach54 2011-08-13, 08:14

"I will only ever lurk, nothing can change that"

I answered this way, partially as a joke, however it is also some what true. I do enjoy the people here but I find it difficult to find the time or motivation to post. Sometimes its the topics ad sometimes its me.
Leach54
Leach54
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-08-13, 11:14

A-BIack_Man wrote:You know, I honestly don't know why I don't post a lot more. Guess it depends on the mood I'm in.

Oh, and why is 'I don't like the people here' really an option?

Well, I'm trying to cover a wide range of reasons and that has the potential of being one of them. It's all in the name of more accurate results.

Liljenborg wrote:I wish I had time to hang out and even help develop projects. But I only have 24 hours and I have to prioritize.

More than understandable
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy-Scarface 2011-08-13, 11:47

I usually have ~50-100 posts a month. With some of the discussions, though, if there's nothing that I could say then I just tend to ignore the topic, I'll try better it the future Smile

Also, school starts soon, and that means I won't be posting as much, but I definitely love this place and will be around in a year, save a catastrophe.(or a falling out, hopefully not!)

Liljenborg wrote:I wish I had time to hang out and even help develop projects. But I only have 24 hours and I have to prioritize.

WTF a Liljenborg sighting!
Galaxy-Scarface
Galaxy-Scarface
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3090
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-08-13, 12:07

I sent out a mass e-mail to try and get some of these others on to vote.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-08-13, 12:58

I'm beginning to see some trends in the survey and I think I'll set up one more survey regarding content
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-08-13, 16:31

My current concern is in how to try and get those involved who can't think of things even if there's discussions. That number is a little too high for my liking Razz
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by A-BIack_Man 2011-08-13, 17:31

Create dozens of new forum games. Problem solved.

Well... they will post, but thats probably not the kind of activity we are lookin' for.
A-BIack_Man
A-BIack_Man

Male Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-08-13, 17:34

Well the thing with this survey is it's not so much really about getting the numbers up, it's about people feeling involved. See that's what we used to be like years ago, people felt involved because we had this common project, heck we hd enemies and so we all "bonded". Now however, we've "grown-up," we've vanquished our foes and though the project never got finished, it's too "high-school" for us now anyways and through all of this, people I think are feeling less involved or at the very least, less inclined to be involved. I mean if shooting some aliens in your spare time is more involving than being a part of our community, we've fallen downhill.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by killerflood 2011-08-13, 22:59

Darkwing wrote:My current concern is in how to try and get those involved who can't think of things even if there's discussions. That number is a little too high for my liking Razz

Eh. . .

Also, did you know that one of your old forums has turned into some Arab website? It had arabic writing all over it when I went to it thinking, "hey why not see what the forum is like now." I had forgot you guys left that forum ages ago.

killerflood
killerflood
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1259
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-08-13, 23:01

URL? You have me curious. And nice to see you again Smile My e-mail has turned up a bunch of old faces around here Razz
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by killerflood 2011-08-13, 23:08

I deleted the bookmark, but if I remember correctly it was flashtrek.forumotion.co.uk. The very first one.

Sadly, don't think I'll stay much longer. The only real part of the forum(s) was the RP/(small forum games) sub-section and I don't know if I would care to play in those.

I'll bookmark this site either way. Might come back on tomorrow, but since it's so late this is my last post for tonight.
killerflood
killerflood
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-08-13, 23:09

That's odd, that URL is supposed to redirect back to here, I'll have to check it out
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by killerflood 2011-08-13, 23:10

And to double post for the hell of it. I didn't think you had my hotmail email.
killerflood
killerflood
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-08-13, 23:11

You musta put it as your profile e-mail as the board just sends it to that e-mail when I write the newsletter
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirok 2011-08-14, 04:22

I'm not a gamer - although I write about new fan games when I hear about interesting new ones - so I'm here pretty much only here for the animation VA gig. I tagged that I'll be here in a years time, but if you're not doing Red Squad (or a successor) I'll just be lurking.

One thing to consider with Red Squad is that it can potentially bring people on to your forum who would not normally come here (like myself) who might then find your forum games etc interesting.

Cheers

K
Kirok
Passenger
Passenger

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-09-25

http://www.trekunited.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-08-15, 00:43

Yeah, I think we were both hoping that, but it's not really worked like that much so far. I mean that's how the original crowd came here, because of Broken Mirror 3, but we have been doing some talking about options which might enhance the possibility of attracting new people through things like Red Squad and perhaps other future projects
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2011-08-15, 05:17

I'd like to think I get 50+ posts a Month...but I don't.
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1769
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirok 2011-08-15, 06:24

Darkwing wrote:Yeah, I think we were both hoping that, but it's not really worked like that much so far. I mean that's how the original crowd came here, because of Broken Mirror 3, but we have been doing some talking about options which might enhance the possibility of attracting new people through things like Red Squad and perhaps other future projects
The theory works. The audio drama group Pendant Productions have a large number of "tribute shows" based on DC characters and Star Trek: Defiant and Geoffrey Bridges the producer has said that, although they take their tribute shows seriously, they hope that the fans who come for them will stay and enjoy for their indie shows and he is right. This is a common practise amongst audio drama groups - Darker Projects, Twerp, Giant Gnome Productions...

With fan films the trend is less well seen in Trek fan films, Star Trek: Phase II is the only one who have successfully used their success to branch out into Indies. In other genres Indie filmmakers have made a fan film to make their name known then gone on to their original works.

Of course this doesn't exactly fit your case - you aren't branching out into Indie animation are you? - you are looking at Red Squad to bring people to you who might be interested in your gaming threads. I'd suggest pushing the production in gaming forums and gaming YouTube sites, talk to Zach at Trek Radio about a phone in interview, maybe make some audio trailers from the audio track that they can play.

I'll post more on the Red Squad thread

K
Kirok
Passenger
Passenger

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-09-25

http://www.trekunited.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2011-08-15, 12:11

Huh, after a quick look in the Statistics.... and a small amount of Remembering stuff. I'm the 2ed(of the week and Month) top poster... and I was for a how ever long I was... which was a few weeks... so I am an 50-100 Poster.
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1769
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-08-15, 12:52

Kirok wrote:
Darkwing wrote:Yeah, I think we were both hoping that, but it's not really worked like that much so far. I mean that's how the original crowd came here, because of Broken Mirror 3, but we have been doing some talking about options which might enhance the possibility of attracting new people through things like Red Squad and perhaps other future projects
The theory works. The audio drama group Pendant Productions have a large number of "tribute shows" based on DC characters and Star Trek: Defiant and Geoffrey Bridges the producer has said that, although they take their tribute shows seriously, they hope that the fans who come for them will stay and enjoy for their indie shows and he is right. This is a common practise amongst audio drama groups - Darker Projects, Twerp, Giant Gnome Productions...

With fan films the trend is less well seen in Trek fan films, Star Trek: Phase II is the only one who have successfully used their success to branch out into Indies. In other genres Indie filmmakers have made a fan film to make their name known then gone on to their original works.

Of course this doesn't exactly fit your case - you aren't branching out into Indie animation are you? - you are looking at Red Squad to bring people to you who might be interested in your gaming threads. I'd suggest pushing the production in gaming forums and gaming YouTube sites, talk to Zach at Trek Radio about a phone in interview, maybe make some audio trailers from the audio track that they can play.

I'll post more on the Red Squad thread

K

It also looks like we'll be getting away more from the gaming side as the community here seems to want to expand beyond those horizons and tackle things more like general topics and science-fiction. That said, having group projects and the creative aspect seem to be a fairly large thing that people think we should delve more into which I personally think is worth looking into myself. I mean we're not really an animation group, it's pretty much just Chris and myself who do that sort of thing here. These two surveys though are proving to be a valuable source of information, especially the one dealing with Content as it gives us some inclinations as to what might get the current group more active and what they'd like to see expanded upon.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rrps700 2011-08-15, 17:42

I have a life offline so posting on here is just because i like you guys. Very Happy
rrps700
rrps700
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 757
Location : Lat (WGS84) N54:58:59 (54.982953) Long (WGS84) W1:29:27 (-1.490760) LR NZ326654 m
Registration date : 2010-04-11

http://rrps700.zxq.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2011-08-15, 18:28

rrps700 wrote:I have a life offline so posting on here is just because i like you guys. Very Happy

Liar! There's no life outside the interwebz! Razz
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rrps700 2011-08-15, 18:55

A love life is outside of the interwebz. Razz
rrps700
rrps700
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 757
Location : Lat (WGS84) N54:58:59 (54.982953) Long (WGS84) W1:29:27 (-1.490760) LR NZ326654 m
Registration date : 2010-04-11

http://rrps700.zxq.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2011-08-15, 19:22

rrps700 wrote:A love life is outside of the interwebz. Razz

You lie! We're all programs! There's no such thing as love! There's no such thing as life outside the interwebz! (joking, ok?) xP

EDIT: Either way, and on topic:

- Less than 50 topics month average;
- Don't have time due to real life/ have time but spend it with other thing;
- I simply forget to post;
- I intend to be here for AT LEAST a year...

lets see how this goes!
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-08-16, 00:33

What are you on about? You're right about love not being real, don't cover it up by pretending you're kidding, you know it's true!!!!!
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2011-08-16, 09:42

Darkwing wrote:What are you on about? You're right about love not being real, don't cover it up by pretending you're kidding, you know it's true!!!!!

Have you ever heard that when most people say "just kidding" it's actually true?

Also I believe someone is trying to program the emotion called Love, but have been failling utterly! Very Happy
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-08-17, 01:18

Well so far these surveys have actually been quite beneficial in understanding where a lot of people reside at the moment and so Destral and I primarily are now working on options and ideas which will hopefully make people feel both welcomed again and give them reason/interest to post and become involved with the goings on Wink
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down