Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General News/ Debate

+14
JPB18
A-BIack_Man
Roger Smith
Darkjedi
killerflood
Stryker
Destral
Philly Homer
Insane Crayon
Earthdeath
me naam is m
Shemuel
Darkwing
Thingy
18 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

General News/ Debate - Page 5 Empty Re: General News/ Debate

Post by Darkjedi 2010-03-11, 01:43

In the US you can sue anyone for anything!

Anywho..... I do believe in freedom of speech very much so.

And speaking of which, and update on what's going on in Russia with their oppression of Jehovah's Witnesses.....

Well, even though we got a protest signed by over 40 human rights activists in Russia, the government over there has been relentless in it's attacks against us.

So, we started a campaign or anti-propaganda. We distributed over 40 million tracts (yes, 14 million of them) entitled: "Could it Happen Again? A Question for the Citizens of Russia"

(I highly suggest at least skimming that, just to see a glimpse of what crap they're saying about JWs.)

A day after the campaign was completed, they confiscated one of our kingdom halls. (March first)

That's probably just the beginning of it.
Dark times are ahead, and the underground is starting back up again.

History shows that we cannot be stopped. In fact, during the cold war, our numbers more than doubled in Russia. Bibles and literature flowed into the country like honey, and the Russians were puzzled by how it even happened.

The only way they can stop us is through genocide, and I think they might eventually stoop down to that level. What on earth is to stop them? The UN, NATO? Pfft!
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9277
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-11, 04:32

Erm... I really dont think russia's going to be commiting genocide any time soon. Or at least not as long as there's a UN and NATO. They're not that insane. Or suicidal.
Thingy
Thingy

Male Number of posts : 4452
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2010-03-11, 12:44

I hope you're right.

But I wouldn't be surprised if arrests for "sedition" started tomorrow.

That's of course the next step they will take. You make something illegal, so that you can put people in prison.

That's what happened during the cold war, and the same process is starting over again.
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-03-11, 12:50

One ting to remember is Russia has always been very good and fond of its propaganda. They have done a very good job of convincing people to believe things about what they will and won't do. The interesting thing with Russia, is since the Cold War, no one takes them seriously, but they have been in the last few years demonstrating in small manners their return to some form of power, and if the rest of the world isn't careful, they will suddenly appear in the game again and nobody will be able to do anything. I am still very curious though to see about China. China has done a very good job of hiding. Nobody knows their military strength, nobody knows anything tactical about China, all we know is they have a lot of people! And slave labour, but still, a country with the resources of China, and with the amount of people and secrecy they have, has to be very dangerous.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2010-03-11, 13:02

I think you're right about Russia and China.

Russia flexed it's muscles when it kicked Georgia's butt, and China doesn't have to do anything. Everyone knows they own the US.
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-03-11, 13:03

And what about the Vacuum bomb test. A small demonstration of their tactical power rising. What frightens me is that there were no more weapons tests afterwards.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2010-03-11, 13:21

Well, it wouldn't be very environmentally friendly to test a nuke.
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-03-11, 13:24

well, I mean anything though. Like they test this one advanced weapon that has the power of a nuke without the fallout, then nothing. Doesn't that seem even a little odd?
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-11, 13:34

Darkjedi wrote:I think you're right about Russia and China.

Russia flexed it's muscles when it kicked Georgia's butt, and China doesn't have to do anything. Everyone knows they own the US.

Oh yes, they sure did flex their muscles when they routed that army of badly trained, incredibly badly equipped farmers in uniforms. You see, russia is trying to get their power back, but it's not very likely that they're going to get anywhere near the power they had as the soviet union. And i highly doubt they're as powerful as NATO. Or even the US.

Now china, they're overrated. Have you ever wondered how they get those vast mountains of cash? The west. If the west doesnt buy their crap, they'll go straight back to poverty. So they dont really have as much power against the west as you would think. They're also in an economic bubble. A bubble that's about to burst. And i do believe the US knows quite alot about china. It's just that it's not a very good idea to share detailed, secret information of another country with the public.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2010-03-11, 13:36

Not really.

I wish that they would have military parades, like they did back in the cold wars days.

Countries show their stuff... it's all good.

@ THingy

I think you underestimate Russia, but for China, I do agree, if they didn't have the west, they would die.
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-11, 13:39

Well, i might be underestimating them a little, but in comparison to the US and NATO, they're not really much of a threat. Unless they press the big red button... Then we're all quite screwed. But they wont. I hope...

-Edit Testing testing... Testing...

Last edited by Thingy on 2010-03-11, 17:05; edited 1 time in total
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-03-11, 13:42

Except if China were to ever cut off goods from the west, the west would be screwed. And the US military isn't that strong anymore. From what I've gathered, they've used up a lot of their resources on Iraq, and if a real attack or war started, I don't think the US could protect itself

Testing - Testing
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2010-03-11, 13:44

Oh yeah they could!

Military is VERY dense in the states. There are bases everywhere. I even see military personal on a daily basis, and I'm not even close to a base.

The US spends more money on defense than any other country in the world.
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-11, 13:46

Well... If they got out of iraq and afghanistan to do a proper defense of the US, they'd be able to protect themselves. You're also kind of forgetting that whole ''Most technologicly advanced army on earth'' thing.

And we wouldnt really be that screwed... I dont think the west imports any vital products from china. And alot of the more important stuff is being produced in japan anyway. In fact, i think things would get better for japan, and china would face a total economic collapse. Electronics, toys and all the stuff we import from there would also be less lead filled shit built by slaves.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-03-11, 13:47

But it's actual resources are quite limited from what I've been told. They have a lot of bases and they could maybe protect attacks against the country itself, but I have the feeling if a world war 3 or something ever broke out, the US couldn't fend for itself, as I have heard that their military strength is declining and that most of it is "show" now. But I dunno, I don't live in the states
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2010-03-11, 13:50

Well, if WW3 broke out, everybody would be screwed anyways. Oh, and I suppose you don't know about their fairly new pacific coast missile defense system?
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-11, 14:03

I do. But i doubt it can hold out against a crapload of nukes at once. Especially if they're MIRV's. Which they are.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2010-03-11, 14:33

I want to see the British Empire return..that would be so unexpected.
And the thing about China is that it owns the economy. They have around 10 trillion dollars worth of money lying around, not using it for anything. If they wanted, they could just flood the global economy with it and the US would go bankrupt along with most nations. They wouldnt win a world war though, Europe has more soldiers with better training, experience and equipment then they do.
Russia still has power, but not enough. They have a huge amount of territory, but no where near enough forces to control all of it. In a war, they would waste all their forces trying to maintiain an impossible border, then fall back with what little they have left in a last stand in a ditch somewhere.
As for Nukes, every country brags about them, but they dont have the balls to launch them. And if they do, then their last act was essentially screaming how stupid they are at everyone becuase they just started an unwinnable war and made the Earth uninhabitable.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7919
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2010-03-11, 16:21

USA spends 4% of GDP on military. Although I personally think if China does try to take over, it will be via economic and technological means. Already, China has enough in U.S. government bonds to probably be able to take down their economy by selling off in one go. And of course, there's the seemingly endless hordes of Chinese hackers waiting to destroy the West's communications systems - ie. the internet and telephone exchanges.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-11, 16:24

Well, yes, but if they do destroy the US economy, they'll be destroying their own in the process. The hackers are a problem though... The US military doesn't know crap about protecting their networks...
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deoran Drages 2010-03-13, 17:15

does anybody else think there will be a 3 sided war between US, Iran and China anytime soon? I have no idea about what condition the Us or China is in but in my opinion Iran is screwed, theres too much tension between sunnis and shia's
Deoran Drages
Deoran Drages
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-13, 18:03

Nope. China would face total economic collapse without the west, both china and NATO have a crapload of nukes (meaning both sides will be afraid to attack the other because it could end in a global nuclear war) and 2 superpowers going to war isnt exactly something casual. They'd need one hell of a reason to do it.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2010-03-13, 18:07

Iran is almost completely Shia. You're probably thinking about Iraq.

And it would be wiped out by the U.S. or China, so would merely be a side-player.

And no, most right-wing Americans seem to believe the same thing as you.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-03-14, 00:32

north korea would be a more dangerous player than Iran I think if we had to compare the two
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2010-03-14, 15:45

Well... China doesn't have interest in a All-out war with the U.S...

Let's see what would happen:

One party attacks the other... Although China posesses an huge military, the United States and NATO in general have overall superiority tecnology... And while China is wasting soldiers against the better equiped NATO ranks, The Pacific Fleet wipes out the Yellow Sea fleet... China only has an handfull of contries on their side, while the US and the UE are united against the threat... Canada would help the US keep their soils untouched (and Vice-Versa). South America would be more worried about keeping their arses away from the War, and Africa wouldn't be able to do anything...

In the middle of this mess, China would have wasted it's almost 5 million soldiers against the NATO forces, of about 1.5 million troops...

To easy the job even more, the States would make the insane move of using tactical nukes against the remaining chinese troops... The Chinese would retaliate with the use of Strategic Nukes, which would cause the chain of events that everyone knows...

See! No one wants a war between those two giants! The World would come to an end...
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in AzeitĂ£o, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2010-03-14, 16:18

Darkwing wrote:north korea would be a more dangerous player than Iran I think if we had to compare the two
North Korea - The Craziest Country in the World
Via: Online Schools
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2010-03-17, 14:57

Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Borg 2010-03-17, 19:23

Holy......Oh my God.....Korea.....

wait.

Most Developed Countires have Nuclear Weapons. If Korea poses a threat, why can't we just bomb them?
Mr.Borg
Mr.Borg
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-08-11

http://www.brokenmirror.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-03-17, 19:24

one word...politics
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Borg 2010-03-17, 19:27

yeah but sometimes you can't tell the difference between a politician and a thief. Smile
Mr.Borg
Mr.Borg
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-03-17, 19:32

well, look at it this way. If any country just nuked North Korea, there's serious repercussions. One being how the people of the world would view that country (an example is how much everyone hates the states for attacking Iraq). Another being the environmental concerns of doing such a massive bombing job. Another reason would be trade and productivity would be affected. Perhaps N.Korea doesn't supply or trade with the states or whoever, but they no doubt have friends or allies that do supply countries with things, or buy from them, and if they pull out, then there's an economical concern. It's a very giant web and as much as we like to bash politics (myself included) it's a very tight rope they walk and they have a lot of balancing concerns to worry about
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-17, 19:36

Don't forget those millions of innocent people you'd kill if you nuked N.Korea. Nuking everything that seems to pose a threat to you is stupid. Unfortunately, alot of idiots seem to think it's a good idea. Probably one of the reasons there's a popular song called ''Nuke Iran''.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-03-17, 19:38

hmm yes, and we have to think about S.Korea too. Nuking N.Korea would probably make things a lot worse for the S.Koreans
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2010-03-17, 19:40

I believe it goes "bomb, bomb, bomb Iran"

EDIT: too slow
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-17, 19:40

I meant the north koreans... They'd, you know, die? Like people tend to do when they get hit by a several megaton, radioactive city busting explosion?
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-03-17, 19:41

yeah, and I'm saying it would effect the S.Koreans too
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Borg 2010-03-17, 20:08

Thinking about it, it would affect most of the world. It's pretty crowded around North Korea with China, Indonesia, India and New Zealand near by.
Mr.Borg
Mr.Borg
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2010-03-17, 20:34

And nuking them would cause China to go crazy. They have een backing the N.Koreans for years. If we just launched missiles at them we would just make an even bigger war then would ever have developed. Plus it would then just make the whole balance of power worse because if there wasnt another world war we would just sink back to another cold war state.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Borg 2010-03-18, 17:48

No but China is only backing North Korea due to the fact that if they hadn't the North Koreans might:

A. Spread the war and attack China
B. Convincing Provinces to leave China and declare independacnce.

Besides, China is only providing food and shelter. Not weapons (to my knowledge). Just basic humanitarian needs!
Mr.Borg
Mr.Borg
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-18, 17:58

It's not as simple as ''Hey! Huan chang, party over at Kim's house! You can come if you want''. If any region decided to declare independence, a crapload of tanks would roll into the province and force them to stay. And if north korea decided to attack china, they'd get their arses handed to them by the first couple of weeks. China has almost twice as many soldiers, and their weapons are far more advanced than the koreans.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2010-03-18, 18:53

Plus if that happened NATO would help out too. It would probably just sneak in and attack the NK while their army is in China learning that fighting the only country backing them isn't a good idea. But then that could get worse if the Chinese get angry that NATO just dropped in like that.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-18, 19:01

Yeah... They probably wouldn't like it if NATO just went in and handed what's left of north korea to south korea. Communist nations are rare.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-22, 15:08

The health care bill has passed! Obama has succeeded where 7 other presidents have failed, and brought free health care to millions of americans who cant afford it.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-03-22, 15:13

free health care sucks.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-22, 15:19

Not here. Healthcare's great here. If you can get it, that is... Hospitals tend to run out of places.

But bad healthcare is better than no healthcare.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-03-22, 15:28

our version of free health care is essentially no health care. there's a massive shortage of doctors and nurses because it's free meaning less moneys for them, you generally have to wait 6-8 hours in an emergency room if something happens to you, and eventually if you get seen, they'll diagnose you quickly and send you home with some pills and 9 times out of 10 the diagnoses is wrong because they didn't spend enough time with you, they just wanted to get you out like it's the lunch rush at mcdonalds
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-22, 15:35

Actually, we don't have free healthcare for everyone... It's only for people under 18, and those who cant afford it. But if you can afford it, it can get quite expensive. It's kind of like a succesful combination of capitalism and socialism.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Insane Crayon 2010-03-22, 15:56

That's wrong... should have universal healthcare.
Insane Crayon
Insane Crayon
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Female Number of posts : 4354
Location : PUT THIS IN YOUR BONG AND SMOKE IT. I AM A FREAKING SUPER NOVA
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-03-22, 16:02

Keeping 10 million people in top shape can cost you a little, and it's kind of unnecessary if most of them wont have any problem at all paying for their healthcare.

You see, our support system is supposed to only help those in need, not those who have a good job and a good, stable income. And it does that job great. I've seen it first hand.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2010-03-22, 16:55

The US and Sweden now has the same system then.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next