Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trafficshare Tuesday - July 5th 2011

Go down

Trafficshare Tuesday - July 5th 2011 Empty Trafficshare Tuesday - July 5th 2011

Post by Darkwing 2011-07-06, 16:16

Trafficshare Tuesday - Weekly Update
July 5th 2011
Written by Kati

Here we are, another week of TrafficShare! Darkwing’s busy this week, so this week’s TrafficShare is brought to you by Kati. I apologize that it's a day late, but I spent my day at a funeral and then drove for seven hours. Our main news this week is that the technical difficulties that we were dealing with last week seem to have been fixed, thanks to the work of Honor, Leach, and Darkwing. Things have picked up a bit this past week (in one day, we had twice as many posts as last week! Okay, so that’s not too hard, since most people weren’t posting because of the site issues, but still! We at BP like to take our victories where we can. Very Happy)

Trafficshare Announcements

Unfortunately, due to a lack of response after multiple PMs, Mourning Minefield is no longer a part of our TrafficShare. But we still have other sites! Remember to keep your eyes open for sites that might be interested in being part of our TrafficShare program, regardless of whether or not they're RP sites.

We've had a slow week for updates this week, in part due to the Fourth of July weekend, but also in part to the fact that the two sites I received updates from both experienced forum difficulties this week. Hopefully, this next week will be better.

Current Trafficshare Sites

Section 31 Roleplay
Trafficshare Tuesday - July 5th 2011 S31ban10

Section 31 Roleplay is primarily a RPG-X Based Group, onto which we
roleplay on our 2 servers. We are a group of people aiming to create a
welcoming environment, onto which our officers can relax and enjoy their
time. We do not wish to burden anyone with lots of responsibilities, or
make them feel like they are not wanted, as everyone in our community
is!

"Unfortunately, due to an error on our hosting company, our forums and other services became offline for over 1 week. This was nothing that we could do! However, after many hours of arguments, and crying, we have managed to get the forums back online! We apologize for any problems we may have caused. Please be warned, our forums will be back to normal operations on Thursday. Thank you

In happier news, we are currently working on a new website. We have got the design practically done and dusted thanks to Richard Evans, now the hard part. The coding! So wish us good luck, and we hope to see you soon for the grand un-veiling!"

Battlestar Valfreyja
Trafficshare Tuesday - July 5th 2011 Bsvban10

Welcome to The Battlestar Valfreyja, BS-03. Have you got what it takes
to defend your 12 colonies against the Cylon threat. if you have. Enlist
aboard Virgon's own. See you at boot camp Nugget!

Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Trafficshare Tuesday - July 5th 2011 Ftbann10

FT:TUF is a general site for sci-fi fans and a home away from home for many. Starting out as a basis for the Broken Mirror 3 flash game, FT:TUF has since expanded to become much more than just a sci-fi forum!

The Gathering
Trafficshare Tuesday - July 5th 2011 2ahh0n9

The Gathering is a haven for sci-fi fans alike. Not limited to one universe, the Gathering encourages everyone to join together to partake in its RPs and general discussion and sometimes even projects! It's not just Star Trek or Star Wars, this is our own world!

"There's not much going on, really, but we're also thinking of renaming the place to something else, so things have been busy, especially with company over in real life, and such and such."

Stormtrooper Lounge
Trafficshare Tuesday - July 5th 2011 1564ylf

Stormtrooper Lounge was created as a hangout for friends and like-minded people. Focusing mainly on Star Wars, Stormtrooper Lounge has a good mix of both Star Wars and general discussions, as well as some RPs and will be focusing primarily on the MMORP "The Old Republic. Stormtrooper Lounge will have an RP based Republic guild and everyone is welcome to join!

"No real changes this week on the development side; we've been pretty busy (Jor and I).

In content, we've had interesting discussions on the EU (Expanded Universe), the relevance of "High Ground" in Lightsaber combat, Quibbles (literally) with details of the movies, the oddly high number of open shafts in Star Wars, the theme of Redemption in the movies, some discussion on the Star Wars Galaxy itself, and a few other topics.

On the RP side, we have further discussed our future SW:TOR guild (and the fact that Jor won't be able to play because he only owns a Mac Razz). We have also decided to start a legit play-by-post version of the Star Wars D20 RPG with M3g4tr0n, one of our Commanders, as the Game Master. Come check it out if you're interested!

So that's it for this week. More next time. Smile"

Blue Planet General Update

Creative Suite

Our Creative Suite this feature is from myself, Kati. This has been a fairly slow week in the Creative Suites, however, probably due to various people being gone. 30 Questions for Ariella is another character interview, this time with an Atlantis character that hasn’t yet made an appearance in the RP. Here are five questions and Ariella's answers to those questions. You can read the rest by clicking on the link.
Kati wrote:
7. What Zodiac sign are you?
I prefer to make my own destiny.

10. What is your favorite sport?
Parkour. I'm rather fond of it, though I have been asked to not set up obstacle courses in the hallways of Atlantis.

24. What kind of bubble gum do you prefer to chew?
I do not understand American's pre-occupation with bubblegum. Either eat something, or do not. There is no need to chomp on something like a cow chewing its cud.

27. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
I enjoy sparring, but I have not yet found someone that I can spar with without causing a trip to the infirmary.

28. Do you swear a lot?
Only when necessary. I prefer to have those words mean something, and the more I use them, the less meaning they have. It is similar to my stance on saying "I love you".

The Water Cooler

This week, our most active topic has been the “Quote of the Day” thread started by Darkwing. So far, we’ve had two quotes, and some good discussion about those two quotes. Come on and join in!
Darkwing wrote: But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you; -Matthew 5:44

I wonder how this works if you are your own enemy?
Honor wrote:
Every person is their own enemy, Christian or not. It's called the Flesh, or Free Will, or Sin Nature.

The "trick" to that verse is that this isn't something you can do of your own will, because you ARE your enemy. In order to even fulfill that command, you would have to understand that 1) Someone loved you enough to die for you, so He can be with you, and 2) that His love for everyone else is the exact same way. It's then you start seeing others as God sees you - and once you've accepted His love, sacrifice, and grace, and once you understand how it works, you can pass it on to others in this fashion.

By this point, you are no longer your own enemy, though the enemy within isn't entirely gone. You just see it differently and understand it much better, and can fight it with help.

BTW, that command is nothing more than to love others as God loves me. We are His enemies naturally, yet He loved us unconditionally. We curse Him from the very first time we break any of his laws and are punished for it, yet He blesses us even when we least deserve it. We hate Him because he shows us who we are, and because we don't understand Him, but He was so good to us that he DIED for us. Jesus prays for us (John 17, and somewhere in Hebrews that I've forgotten, or maybe it's 1st John) even though we spitefully use his name, or what we think he owes us, or otherwise try to manipulate Him to fit in our mold. Heck, we persecuted him to the point of putting him on the cross.

Try rereading that verse again now, and see if it still raises that question, and if it simply means exactly how it reads, and no more. After all, standing alone, it is an impossible command with a hopeless outcome - I can't stand my enemies when left to myself and my own personal feelings Razz

So feel free to join in and get involved in the discussions with your own quotes (that don’t have to be religious) or your own thoughts on the quotes already given!

RP Updates

The RPs are moving, slowly but surely! We know that part of the reason for the slump is last week's technical issues, and that another thing to keep in mind is that it's summer and so people will be running around. I'd just like to encourage people to make sure to check in on the RPs they're involved in, and post if they have time to do so. That will help the RP move along. If anyone needs help with ideas, the majority of RPL's are available and willing to help!

Current RPs
Stargate Command
Stargate: SG-1 alternate reality. Archeology, science, and military
types alike must work together for the exploration of the universe and
the protection of our planet. Gear up, head out, and kick some alien
tale! Or make friends with them. Just survive to protect Earth and
return home.

Currently, we are nearing the end of our mission. The jaffa have realized that they have visitors. Tegan, Robert, Tristan and Sandy are near the Gate, and the Gate has been engaged. However, Jaffa are currently between Jonathon Tennis and the others. What will happen? We’ll find out! Behind the scenes, Honor has left for five days, and I’m filling in for her while she’s gone as RPL. She communicated the plans she had for the mission and the upcoming one, and I’ll just be making sure that things keep moving towards that goal.

Omega Base
The next generation of Stargate personnel travel to the Frontier Galaxy.
A new galaxy, new worlds, new cultures, and new enemies. What
adventures awaits the new generation of SGC personnel? Are you up to
the challenge?

Atlantis
The Pegasus Galaxy. The Lost City. New dangers await our Stargate teams
as they become the resident caretakers of the City of the Ancients. New
friends, new faces, new dangers, and a whole lot of new territory.

Darkwing Continuum
Trafficshare Tuesday - July 5th 2011 Dwbann10
Existence itself is being threatened! With a dark and ancient threat
finally coming to light, secrets will be revealed and sides determined.
The pillars of the universe are about to fall and the only thing that
stands in the way of space being destroyed, is the crew of the
Darkwing...

Darkwing Continuum has been given a new lease on life! We have another chance with this RP, so I’d encourage people that are involved in this one to stay active so it doesn’t disappear again. Currently, there are actually two stories being run simultaneously. One is the episode- currently, Breanna has drawn the attention of the Shadow creatures, and Dawn and Simon are on the beach near angry water. We’re not far into this episode, so who knows what’s going to happen? Just remember- things are not always what they seem. The other story takes place after the current episode, and it’s less story focused, and gives the RPers a chance to develop their characters if they so choose.

Solar Exodus
Trafficshare Tuesday - July 5th 2011 Sebann10

Set in the future where mankind has been forced to leave Earth after a
dying sun begins destroying the solar system. Take your place amongst
humanities last survivors, journey far into space and see how far your
‘humanity’ keeps you safe with Wolves as your only saviors...

Currently, the captain has been injured, so people are trying to save him. Meanwhile, some of the Wolves and other people are trying to regain control of the ship. Feel free to join in! We still have some Wolves up for adoption if anyone would like to control a Wolf.

Annals of Lystra
Horses. Knights. Damsels in distress. Life in the huts, or life in the
palace? You decide. Take up residence in Lystra, under King Karel's
rule, and try to make a life for yourself. That is, of course, if you
manage to survive disease and rogue Warriors.

The Christian Crusade
Trafficshare Tuesday - July 5th 2011 Ccbann10
Join Jake McCormick and the Crusade, Christians against the evils of
this Universe. Demonic forces are attacking all around - it is the
Redemption's job to lead the physical war. But they also understand a
much deeper purpose and strength than your average futuristic battle for
life.

Star Wars: Rebellion
People are chafing under Imperial Rule, and war is on the horizon. Maybe
you're a Jedi in hiding. Maybe you're a simple farmer, who decided to
join the fight. Maybe you're a diplomat, working the Rebellion
underground. You get to choose!

Questions, Comments, Contact
We hope that everyone had a good Fourth of July weekend, and stayed safe with everything that's been going on. We hope to see people around and active again soon!
You can reach Darkwing by e-mail at chrisacameron@ymail.com or Kati by e-mail at singingal101@gmail.com should you have any questions, comments, additions etc!
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum