Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legally required: who's your favorite Doctor?

+4
leewatson1
Earthdeath
Darkwing
Liljenborg
8 posters

Go down

Legally required: who's your favorite Doctor? Empty Legally required: who's your favorite Doctor?

Post by Liljenborg 2008-04-24, 16:19

Don't know why a "who's your favorite Doctor" question is legally required in every Doctor Who forum, because it's obviously Tom Baker.

No debate or discussion is necessary.
Liljenborg
Liljenborg
Passenger
Passenger

Male Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://www.liljenborg.com

Back to top Go down

Legally required: who's your favorite Doctor? Empty Re: Legally required: who's your favorite Doctor?

Post by Darkwing 2008-04-24, 17:02

not for me. I'm a Tennant fan
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Legally required: who's your favorite Doctor? Empty Re: Legally required: who's your favorite Doctor?

Post by Earthdeath 2008-04-24, 19:25

yea me to.hes comming up to the town i ilve in to do hamlet with patrick stewart.(random info Question )
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7919
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Liljenborg 2008-04-25, 14:12

That would be a cool Hamlet to watch.
Liljenborg
Liljenborg
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2008-04-25, 14:37

yea im goin.my mum works at the theatre
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2008-04-25, 14:44

david tennant is the best doctor illgive him acookie this is for david cookie
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by stewi0001 2008-04-26, 01:54

well I've only watched the current Doctor Who so that guy is my fav Razz I know
stewi0001
stewi0001
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2007-10-17

http://mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2008-04-26, 10:10

i dont think its fair the new doctor has loads of cgi and blue screens to help him were as the original had a guy in a halloween mask
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2008-04-26, 11:25

sounds like my halloween party...
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2008-04-26, 12:01

what the cgi or cheesey masks i didnt go trick or treating coz charvas were stealing evrbodys stuff
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2008-04-26, 14:17

In the original doctor Who's, they had people crawling about in sleeping bags covered in bubble wrap as the monsters
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Liljenborg 2008-04-26, 15:28

Why do you think the ultimate Doctor Who villain is a tin can with a suction cup for an arm?
Liljenborg
Liljenborg
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by stewi0001 2008-04-26, 15:34

I heard that they used sock puppets too. XD guess you got to do what ya got to do.
stewi0001
stewi0001
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2007-10-17

http://mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-04-27, 11:31

hold on. the new doctor does use some of those same techniques. most of the monsters are prosthetics and costumes. there are few cg monsters, like satan, but i like david tennant because of his acting. i wouldn't care if the sdhow had absolutely no effects, as long as he was playing the part of the doctor. he brings so much charm, and charisma to the show, that it makes it an absolute pleasure to watch.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2008-04-27, 15:05

but couldnt you say that about tom baker? i mean that his acting was good.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-04-27, 20:47

it was, but not as good as tennant's.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Liljenborg 2008-04-28, 01:50

In a lot of respects, though, that's as much due to the higher quality of the script writing going on since the revival. The character as it was written back in the good-old-days was a lot more 2 dimensional written for what "they" considered to be a less intelligent audience (even more than in American, the literature and drama critics in England dismiss fantasy and especially science fiction as pulp-comic-book style fiction for10-year-old geeks - don't you remember the shock when polls picked Lord of the Rings as the greatest piece of 20th century literature.)
Liljenborg
Liljenborg
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2008-05-02, 13:57

not really the lord of the rings trilogy was better than the harrypotter books
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2008-05-02, 17:20

helll yeah.... but that's HARRY POTTER we're talking about now, not THAT hard to tip! Laughing

ok. that was off-topic.

but remember guys: old school is ALWAYS better.
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9981
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2008-05-02, 19:46

ummm...that sounded kinda wrong Embarassed
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2008-05-02, 20:04

no!

OLD SCHOOL RULES!!!

Legally required: who's your favorite Doctor? Hand-of-rock-copy

Spoiler:
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9981
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2008-05-03, 09:37

no the old doctor who is rubbish but the new ones are great
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Liljenborg 2008-05-03, 09:40

What shocked the literary types was not that TLOR beat Harry Potter, but that a "chauvinist, monarchist, pop-fantasy fairy tale" beat out important socially relevant novels like Atlas Shrugged, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Grapes of Wrath or To Kill a Mockingbird. Most critics pan Science Fiction and Fantasy. In a review of V for Vendetta a critic was suprised that it took a sci-fi blockbuster movie based on a comic book to tackle some issues exploring the boundaries between security and fascism or where revolution descends into terrorism.

Now sci-fi fans know that science fiction has always wrestled with Big Issues, but most literary types tended to view Science fiction as "Amazing Stories" pulp fiction written by hack who couldn't write "real" fiction so they went for "mindless mass appeal". And, to be honest, a lot of science fiction went for the fun, exotic, wierd appeal. A lot of the old Doctor Who scripts from back in the old days were like that: they minimized the thematic elements for special effects and action. Their target audience was 10-14 year old boys.

But as old-school as I tend to be, I've got to admit that they've consistently tried to deal with Big Issues with the new series (the value of life, the soporific effects of entertainment, the necessity of tragedy, etc). You can see this in just the transformation of the Doctor's character from a guy exiled from his home world because he likes to have adventures and get involved too much in the affairs of other (lesser) races into the last survivor of his race wandering a cosmos alone with the guilt of his genocide hanging over him.
Liljenborg
Liljenborg
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2008-05-06, 13:36

i would have liked to see a movie of the time war
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2008-05-06, 15:18

That would have been lush-time lords, daleks, cybermen and more all fighting each other. pirat
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Liljenborg 2008-05-06, 16:57

One of the funnest Tom Baker Doctor Who episodes was the last one with Leela. Some nasties actually invade Gallifrey, and the Doctor, using his powers as the President of the Time Lord Council, actually aids them to find out who the real bad guys behind them are.

But, yeah, I'm hoping that sometime they tell you what really happened during the Time War, and how the Doctor wiped out the Daleks.

I also think it would be cool if the Doctor finds some Time Lord refugees who managed to escape whatever the Daleks did to wipe out Gallifrey.
Liljenborg
Liljenborg
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2008-05-06, 17:15

j'er....what? Um, yes any way, I think there definitely were supposed to have been more time lords, of which the doctor was a medium-strength one. And I think they used ingenuity agaist the Daleks also.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2008-05-06, 17:36

we want more timelords
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2008-05-06, 17:46

It would be a bit of a jolf if we had too many...but we had a timelord in season one of the new Doctor. John Simms, the guy off Life on Mars was the guy who tried to destroy the earth with a paradox machine.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by paulwall99 2008-06-13, 03:55

i think the original one is the best but i dont no his name
paulwall99
paulwall99
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down