Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reunification of Korea

+4
Darkwing
Thingy
Shemuel
Vedic
8 posters

Go down

Reunification of Korea  Empty Reunification of Korea

Post by Vedic 2011-03-21, 10:31

TL;DR: Tell us how you think Korea should be Unified. It's also points out Flaws in the games plot. If i remember i actually made this topic, i'll have my Attempt at Unification up at some point.

So after a reading an Topic on SpaceBattles.com, about Homefront, and how the NK/SK unification, and Invasion of the US, would never happen. So this is how the Time line works

NK some hows Unify's with SK, and 8 Years after Unifying under North Rule, there Invading South East Asia & kicking Japans Ass, China is no longer a Global Influence.... for some reason, this causes the Global economy to get messed up a tad. But there not the bad guys in this.(In other words, there's a Gaming/Movie Industry in China, hence why your don't see many Games/Movies with the PLA as the bad guys.) there was a Iran-Saudi Arabia War, which went Nuclear, if memory serves correctly, which cuts off most of the worlds Oil, (totally ignoring every other Middle eastern nation that produces Oil) Russia, is like Fuck this, and stops supplying Oil & gas to every one, Europe is pissed, but don't invade cause Russia is a big Bad MoFo. a Plague called Knoxville Hits America, With little to no Oil, America, is Like Texas, gimme your Oil, (ignoring Alaska), Texas, does an Russia, and says " Fuck This", and succeeds from the US, becoming an Independent country... Again. there's many Border Skirmish between Texas and the US, all of them won by Texas, during all of this the US's economies has collapsed, been hit by an Plague, Gonna get Invaded by the GRK (Greater Republic of Korea), also during this the UN collapses, cause the UN Security Council, has fallen to shit, (Russia being Ass, America has fallen apart, China is no longer an Influence), this leaves the UK & France who say Fucks this, and the UN Collapses. then the GRK invades and Very Dis-organized America,By the End of the game, most of the World is pretty messed up but... yes but, Canada & MEXICO, have made an Alliance, and have Invaded the US to repel the GRK with half of there army, while the other half invades the GRK.... While the two Remaining Sane Super powers (UK & France) are still considering helping the US.... 10 years AFTER the invasion began.

China has been... China has hasn't saved the world, just encase they insult the few million Chinese gamers out there, cause Some how your Country Saving the world is Insulting, Russia, is sitting idly by Eyeing up Europe(of course building up it's Army), while the CMA (Canada/Mexico Alliance), Invades the US & and most of South Asia. With a little to no army to defend them self cause it's out of town, saving the world from the GRK.

Please Note this is not the Chronological order of Events, the Iran Saudi-Arabia, happened first, i just wrote it in order of me remembering them. Any ways me writing down the Back story of Homefront isn't the point of this thread, no the point of this thread, is to be bored & write and essay on Korea Unification. I've no really point to having created this topic, only mere boredom.

Also ignored any Grammatical, Spelling Mistakes, ect ect, cause I'm a stupid ass who's been up for 25 hours, and some how wrote all of this in less than 20 minutes.

Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1769
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Reunification of Korea  Empty Re: Reunification of Korea

Post by Shemuel 2011-03-21, 11:18

So this is a game? Glad to hear it because it's unrealistic. If (probably more of a case of when) Korea reunifies, it'll be under South Korea.
What I'd expect is for North Korea's economy to slump even more and even nuclear weapons won't be enough for the Kim family to maintain their grip on power when China gives up on them.
Therefore, it would make sense for there to be reconciliation between the rich, prosperous South and the Northern civilians who wish to improve their shit living conditions.

And as for the large-scale invasions theory, it is almost certainly impossible for a zerg rush invasion of the USA over the pacific. America's vast naval and air superiority over the Koreas could not be overturned in only eight years, making travelling Koreans easy targets.

Wow, I wrote quite a lot for a hare-brained gaming idea like that.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-03-21, 11:32

Well, the shittyness of the story isn't very surpising. The concept was made by the guy who wrote Red Dawn.

I mean, come the fuck on, jet liners being used as an effective invasion force? Wouldn't air command wonder what the fuck is going on if a huge cluster of unidentified jet liners suddenly appeared from the Pacific?
Thingy
Thingy

Male Number of posts : 4452
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-03-21, 11:52

They didn't with 9/11
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2011-03-21, 12:04

Darkwing wrote:They didn't with 9/11

In 9/11 was just 4 airliners with CIVILIAN passengers who were hijacked by terrorists inside USA borders... If a mass of airliners showed up out of nowere, with no identification on anything of the kind appeared on the horizon, heading for California, I guess the USAF would like to investigate it, at least... And precautions would've been taken...
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-03-21, 12:12

Yes, but I'm saying it would be stupid to do it as a mass of airliners but if done strategically like 9/11, would be very effective. And on top of that, do you know how many airliners fly world wide in a single day?
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-03-21, 12:22

Not enough to make a full paratroopers invasion of the US possible. And besides, you'd have to somehow load every single airliner flying over the US with troops and replace the completely civilian ones without anyone noticing.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2011-03-21, 12:23

Darkwing wrote:Yes, but I'm saying it would be stupid to do it as a mass of airliners but if done strategically like 9/11, would be very effective. And on top of that, do you know how many airliners fly world wide in a single day?

Something between Hundreds and Thousands... But if you don't make the "mass airliners" thing and try for isolated ones, you wouldn't be able to concentrate enough forces, and even if they all come in line (with an hour of two of diference), I guess the airforce would take action against the remaining ones incoming from Korea...

JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-03-21, 12:25

Soviet, actually. Red Dawn was about a soviet invasion of the US using air liners from Cuba and Soviet.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-03-21, 12:25

@Thingy: Simple, beam them into space
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2011-03-21, 12:29

Darkwing wrote:@Thingy: Simple, beam them into space

Good luck with that Smile

But beside blowing up with every western plane on route, what could they do?
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-03-21, 12:31

Give away peanuts?
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-03-21, 12:34

Soviet dude: ''Free peanuts for anyone who jumps out the plane without a parachute!''
Fat Americans: ''OH MAH FAKKEN GAWD! PEANUTS! *jump to their death*''
Soviet: ''Holy shit... That actually worked?''
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2011-03-21, 12:36

Thingy wrote:Soviet dude: ''Free peanuts for anyone who jumps out the plane without a parachute!''
Fat Americans: ''OH MAH FAKKEN GAWD! PEANUTS! *jump to their death*''
Soviet: ''Holy shit... That actually worked?''

Well I doubt about peanuts, but I believe they would do that for hamburguers Very Happy
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-03-21, 13:00

Do airplanes serve hamburgers?
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2011-03-21, 13:16

Darkwing wrote:Do airplanes serve hamburgers?

I don't think so... But I guess the Spetznaz would come prepared for that event xD
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Destral 2011-03-21, 16:45

Darkwing wrote:Do airplanes serve hamburgers?

Destral
Destral
Number 1
Number 1

Male Number of posts : 1792
Location : Im not behind you. Dont look back there. Seriously, dont. Thats a bear. Im in front of you.
Registration date : 2009-03-01

http://www.earth-link-origins.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2011-03-21, 23:14

The game was originally gonna have China be the bad guys (As with the Nu-Red Dawn), but simply because there is a gaming industry/movie in the PLA with an average of 20 western Movies/games being released there a year. And cause the PLA are very commie, we Capitalists aren't allowed to make China out to be the bad guys, just so we don't lose profit & Insult the Chinese, even thou there's only about 2.5 Million gamers in China who play Western games.

So for that reason we make the Norks the bad guys, In Nu-Red Dawn, the Norks some how just invade the US, but in Homefront, they have have a some what plausible back story, for a US invasion. The US Economy has fallen, Civil War, and a Plague. So it's kinda plausible for the GRK to invade Homefornt US, but in Nu-RD they spend 1 Million on editing all of Chinese Influence the movie and replace it with Norks.

And and Kim Jong-il's Son who's in power in the game, has a Nobel Peace Prize, for Reuniting North & south ... via force...

But what i find kinda funny is the Japanese version removes all references to Kim Jong-il and replaces Kim Jong-un and North Korea with "Northern Leader" and "A Certain Country to the North.
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2011-03-23, 03:46

@ toa

That was funny as hell. Ha! ROFL

@ DW

Yes, on some planes maybe. But I bet they would be ridiculously overpriced. LOL You have to hand them your scrotum to get anything on an airplane.

Heck, next time I plan on getting a plane ticket, I'll castrate a horse, and harvest it's nutsack before I leave.

I wonder if the flight attendants like them deep-fried, or baked?

: (Flight attendant) Hi, I'm Sarah!

: DJ goes in for the handshake, but with a horsesack:

: (DJ) Well, it's very nice to meet you:

: (Flight attendant) It's nice to meet you t... Ohh! What on earth is that??

: Oh my god! What is that?!? Wha?! Is that a scrotum!?! OH MY GOD!!

: flight attendant drops the horsesack on the ground and screams in horror:

: (DJ) Hey, don't just drop it! What the hell are you doing!!!! I want my hamburger DAMMIT!!:

: DJ laughs hysterically while the air marshal handcuffs him to a chair:

---------------------------------------
Anywho, if you plan on eating food, or drinking anything good, I'd suggest getting a first class ticket. That way, the food and drinks are free.
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9277
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2011-03-23, 04:59

DJ, some times you scare me.
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Homer 2011-03-23, 15:46

He doesn't scare me. I think it's attractive.
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7388
Registration date : 2007-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2011-03-23, 16:05

Jusqu'à ce que c'était amusant... xD
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2011-03-24, 03:20

Vedic wrote:DJ, some times you scare me.

It's yourself you're really afraid of.

Philly Homer wrote:He doesn't scare me. I think it's attractive.

I think you're attractive too.
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9277
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2011-03-24, 03:35

Darkjedi wrote:
Vedic wrote:DJ, some times you scare me.

It's yourself you're really afraid of.

It all makes sense now.
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content