Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Chat a la Genéral

+13
Darkjedi
Jtull
JPB18
Galaxy-Scarface
Darkwing
Shemuel
A-BIack_Man
Philly Homer
Vedic
leewatson1
Thingy
max-eMaDness
Deoran Drages
17 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Le Chat a la Genéral - Page 4 Empty Re: Le Chat a la Genéral

Post by Jtull 2011-02-09, 18:07

it is awesome and old school!

How the hell is one of my socks too small?!
Jtull
Jtull
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5308
Location : How do you want me to put it? 6 figure grid reference? Codernates? 4 dimentional spacial codernates?
Registration date : 2007-12-04

http://twitter.com/#!/jbctull

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2011-02-09, 18:11

I'm guessing some people made racist comments against Muslims, and then non-racist people got pissed off and flamed the racist people, and in turn the racist people got pissed off and flamed at the non-racist people?
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9277
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtull 2011-02-09, 18:13

probably... wait is that pretty much international politics?
Jtull
Jtull
Commander
Commander

Location : How do you want me to put it? 6 figure grid reference? Codernates? 4 dimentional spacial codernates?

Back to top Go down

Post by Deoran Drages 2011-02-09, 18:41

being muslim i would very much like to see that thread, but i guess its too late now, it seems to have been in one of my inactive periods, i think i did find but its been changed make no sense, something about sith empire and banking.....

ill say this 9/11 was wrong and disgusting
hating all muslims for it is also wrong and disgusting,
just because one group say they represent a certain religion doesnt mean its true, if countries can be hijacked by these guys and turned into dictatorships, cant public images as well?
Deoran Drages
Deoran Drages
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2011-02-09, 18:46

And the whole mosque in NYC thing was just stupid.

LET THEM BUILD THE THING! (if they didn't already, i didn't keep up with it)

It a FREE country! Read the constitution idiots! Once upon a time your ancestors probably came to this country to have their own religion, so who are you to say other people nowadays can't?

Muslims are not terrorists.

Fake Muslims are. (real Muslims believe in, and live a life of non-violence)
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy-Scarface 2011-02-09, 20:15

Darkjedi wrote:And the whole mosque in NYC thing was just stupid.

It a FREE country! Read the constitution idiots! Once upon a time your ancestors probably came to this country to have their own religion, so who are you to say other people nowadays can't?

so basically let them build a mosque where the world trade center was? no, they should rebuild the world trade center. put the damn mosque somewhere else. IMO the terrorists will have won if this happens. And regarding the last part, extremists are real muslims too, thats like saying that people that dont live 100% by the bible are not real christians.

Last edited by Galaxy-Scarface on 2011-02-09, 20:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : respect the dead)
Galaxy-Scarface
Galaxy-Scarface
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3090
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-02-09, 20:21

It's not exactly where the world trade center is, and it's not a fucking mosque. I doubt you'd let the Muslims actually build a real mosque with minarets and everything. It's a cultural centre, and it's going to be build a few quarters away from the buildings. Right now, there's an abandoned coat factory where it's supposed to be built.

This isn't a ''victory mosque'' as all the conservative dickheads are calling it, it's an attempt to bring peace and understanding to where there is almost none by letting people see that Muslim culture isn't ZEH EVIHLZ.

And they're not real Muslims. According to Islam, killing one single innocent is as big an atrocity as killing the whole world. It nets you a nice cosy little place in the deepest pits of hell. No compromice. It's kind of one of the reasons most Muslim countries have execution, so the murderers get sent directly to hell, where god will give them the rest of their punishment. So, you're not just ignoring the ''don't eat pork'' command, you're telling the most important command in the Koran to go fuck itself.
Thingy
Thingy

Male Number of posts : 4452
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Homer 2011-02-09, 20:27

Let them build the terror mosque! Terror mosques for everyone!

I honestly don't give a fuck if they're building a mosque ON the site where the WTC was. It's just a mosque. Or in this case, not even a mosque. Just a cultural center to educate people.
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7388
Registration date : 2007-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-02-09, 20:33

Oh, we don't want to build it there, we're already building something there. It's a statue of a terrorist made of the bones of long dead patriots (some were even minutemen from the first American rebellion. Pretty expensive, but definitely blingy) with a fully electronic ''ALLAHU AKBAR, DEATH FOR THE INFIDEL PIGS!!!!111'' shout that can be heard all over the US mainland, and in some locations in Hawaii. It's going to be doing Lady Columbia doggy style while a custom made, very high tech plasma/mind read statue of whatever humanoid being you feel represents America in all her glory looking on while masturbating with a bald eagle.

Surprisingly, we only got one complaint from an old lady who wanted the construction crew to be a little quieter.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2011-02-09, 20:52

If I remember, it was Nuchinha who got banned due to the thread incident.

I found this article enlightening on the "Victory Mosque"
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtull 2011-02-09, 22:04

guys we are on thin ice here.

However I think the mosque should be built somewhere else simply out of respect for the family's of the lost. not anything against the muslim people. Just people could be offended by it.
Jtull
Jtull
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2011-02-09, 22:32

Please read the article I posted JTull. You are allowed your opinions, but it isn't really a mosque and to most people's definitions isn't actually close.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtull 2011-02-09, 22:52

oh sorry I couldn't see the link on this crap screen

I cant read it anyway :/
Jtull
Jtull
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-02-10, 01:50

Shemuel wrote:If I remember, it was Nuchinha who got banned due to the thread incident.

Yeah, that's pretty much what got him banned

Jtull wrote:guys we are on thin ice here.

However I think the mosque should be built somewhere else simply out of respect for the family's of the lost. not anything against the muslim people. Just people could be offended by it.

Yep, daddy's home now kiddos.

And if anything, a cultural center is a fantastic idea, it pays respect to the whole world, because let's remember one little thing about the world trade center, it was the WORLD trade center, not the AMERICAN trade center, not the WE ARE THY GOD AMERICA trade centers, but WORLD trade centers. So though it may have primarily been operated by american citizens, it represents the whole world and in a way, it's the whole world that lost when those towers were destroyed.
And I'll tell you what will have made the terrorists win. They've won when people distrust each other, when people hate each other unconditionally and when they blame others and let their hubris get in the way. That's when the terrorists have won and some of you, its quite frankly appalling. You being so against having this cultural center just proves that the terrorists won, they turned us into the bad guys. Hell, America was killing innocent people over in Iraq and Afghanistan, most of which had absolutely nothing to do with this, so you tell me who's actually the terrorists here?
By turning people into hateful beings, it simply proves that we are hateful beings, the "white devil" as I believe we were called and by destroying those towers and all of the aftermath that has since followed, they've almost completely proven that that's what we are, that that's what some of you are showing me right now, that you'll hate unconditionally, that you'll distrust, disrespect and be prejudiced against others.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtull 2011-02-10, 02:44

I agree with you Dw the reason I think it should not be placed there is to avoid future attacks on the mosque because there are people who will strongly disagree with its existence regardless of the sentiment of the mosque.
Jtull
Jtull
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Deoran Drages 2011-02-10, 03:16

ill agree that the first thought i had when i heard a mosque was being built at ground zero, was
this is not a wise idea, then i found out it was cultural centre but... most muslims are really divided on the issue, some say we need it to prove we're not a threat, and other says as measure of respect we should leave it, then there's the guy building it some people dont like him, though it hasnt been getting much attention here lately, in fact what happened to it?

but jtull's right, we are on thin ice here, i shouldnt have mentioned it
Deoran Drages
Deoran Drages
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-02-10, 05:31

They've already pretty much won. I mean, have you seen any of the footage from the Iraq war? Or heard any of the accusations being thrown at US soldiers in Afghanistan? Some American morons decided it would be a fun idea to scalp some dead civilians and keep their scalps as trophies. And there's been a bunch of arbitrary killings of civilians in Iraq.

And at home? Muslims, who were a part of American society a while ago, are now pretty much the number 1 racism target. They won. It's pretty much bad guy vs bad guy with a few innocents forced into war on their side and some good people on ''our'' side.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-02-10, 12:52

Couldn't have said it better myself Thingy. The terrorists played up on the Americans ignorance and paranoia and they won, they sure as hell won
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2011-02-10, 14:17

Sadly i too often group terroists and muslims as they same, i know there not as the muslims i know personally are very nice people and i shouldn't group them as the same.
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Deoran Drages 2011-02-10, 17:27

dont beat yourself up over it, its easy to generalise sometimes, in fact i dont even remember much muslims in newcastle upt, i dont remember there being, there was a mussallah, (a room designated for prayer but not an actual mosque) that i went to once, but i think that was it, for the regent farm area
Deoran Drages
Deoran Drages
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2011-02-10, 17:29

Well it's the west end where they mainly live around the general hospital.
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Deoran Drages 2011-02-10, 17:32

ah well, either way no harm done
rumors that mubarak might step down
http://www.news.com.au/world/mubarak-may-soon-respond-to-demands-party/story-e6frfkyi-1226004117576
Deoran Drages
Deoran Drages
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2011-02-10, 17:32

Theres a live feed on youtube link is at the top of the page.
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Homer 2011-02-10, 18:04

Uh oh... I was watching the live stream. They're really angry at him. He's not stepping down soon and they started waving their shoes at him.
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7388
Registration date : 2007-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-02-10, 18:23

He's not stepping down, but he is giving his powers to Omar Suleiman. He's pretty much just a figurehead now.

It also seems like he's trying to right his wrongs. He's promised to revise the constitution and i think he's going to pull back the emergency law. Or ask nicely for it, considering that he doesn't have any power anymore.

And angry? The crowd in Tahrir square is cheering. They've won, and they know it. He's pretty much stepped down, right now he's really only a symbol.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2011-02-12, 03:27

Galaxy-Scarface wrote:
Darkjedi wrote:And the whole mosque in NYC thing was just stupid.

thats like saying that people that dont live 100% by the bible are not real christians.
IMO, if they don't try, they aren't.

Either way you look at it, you can't lump everyone that claims to be of a religion or race together. That's like lumping all white people together. I mean, would you like it if someone hated you because you were white? I have more firsthand experience on this subject, mostly because of where I live, because of the dense native american population. Many of them despise white people, because of what the US government did to them in the past. You know, taking their land and all. Anywho... Not ALL white people take other peoples land by force. I mean, that just sounds like a stupid thing to believe. There ARE good white people. So, you can't condemn a group just because of the bad eggs.

The media, and mostly cultural influences might try to convince us that most Muslims are bad, terrible people. (they kinda do that here. Oklahoma has an excess of ignorant stupid people.) And because of that herding nature of human beings, it's very easy to adopt these kinds of views, most often without really realizing it.

Darkwing wrote:
Shemuel wrote:If I remember, it was Nuchinha who got banned due to the thread incident.

Yeah, that's pretty much what got him banned

Jtull wrote:guys we are on thin ice here.

Well, if that actually made sense, then the US government would just export out all of the Muslims out of the states since their culture and religion is offensive to a lot people. That kind of thinking is completely unconstitutional, and just plain wrong.

See, people are lazy. Let's take a look at the thought patterns of the masses:
--------------------------------
9/11 = caused by terrorists (True) therefore....

Terrorists = Muslims (not true)

Muslims = EVIL (not true)
--------------------------------
Those are all sweeping statements that seem true, but in reality, they aren't. Because the problems involved are much, much, more complicated.

When people are hurt or provoked, they like to try and simplify problems in order to quickly find a target to enact vengeance upon. They have a habit of pushing aside the details, and thus they end up committing gross injustices. Like, in this case, lashing out on the Muslim people.

We have to become better than that. We're all quite capable.

The people shouldn't get their way just because they think they know what's best for themselves. They have NO IDEA! Who are we to judge others?

Hate like this has stained all of human history. People just can't seem to get along together very well. Theocracy is the only solution IMO. And if you don't believe in that, then I guess all there is left is a very bleak future. All of the political systems of man have failed, and it's just a matter of time until everyone stops and notices.
Darkwing wrote:
Yep, daddy's home now kiddos.

And if anything, a cultural center is a fantastic idea, it pays respect to the whole world, because let's remember one little thing about the world trade center, it was the WORLD trade center, not the AMERICAN trade center, not the WE ARE THY GOD AMERICA trade centers, but WORLD trade centers. So though it may have primarily been operated by american citizens, it represents the whole world and in a way, it's the whole world that lost when those towers were destroyed.
And I'll tell you what will have made the terrorists win. They've won when people distrust each other, when people hate each other unconditionally and when they blame others and let their hubris get in the way. That's when the terrorists have won and some of you, its quite frankly appalling. You being so against having this cultural center just proves that the terrorists won, they turned us into the bad guys. Hell, America was killing innocent people over in Iraq and Afghanistan, most of which had absolutely nothing to do with this, so you tell me who's actually the terrorists here?
By turning people into hateful beings, it simply proves that we are hateful beings, the "white devil" as I believe we were called and by destroying those towers and all of the aftermath that has since followed, they've almost completely proven that that's what we are, that that's what some of you are showing me right now, that you'll hate unconditionally, that you'll distrust, disrespect and be prejudiced against others.
Very well stated. You're absolutely right! High Five
Thingy wrote:
And at home? Muslims, who were a part of American society a while ago, are now pretty much the number 1 racism target. They won. It's pretty much bad guy vs bad guy with a few innocents forced into war on their side and some good people on ''our'' side.
Yep. Corruption is the essence of earthly governments, especially nowadays. They try to create a facade, in which a nation is represented by people with good, pure, and informed motives. But, in reality, politicians are just men and women like you and I; limited in understanding and reason, and just as full of corruption as common civilians.

leewatson1 wrote:Sadly i too often group terroists and muslims as they same, i know there not as the muslims i know personally are very nice people and i shouldn't group them as the same.
Deoran Drages wrote:dont beat yourself up over it, its easy to generalise sometimes, in fact i dont even remember much muslims in newcastle upt, i dont remember there being, there was a mussallah, (a room designated for prayer but not an actual mosque) that i went to once, but i think that was it, for the regent farm area
Yeah, I too have the tendency to prejudge people of middle eastern ethnicity.

For example, when I went to the airport last year, I had to catch myself, because in the back of my mind I'm almost afraid that the middle-eastern guy next to me might blow up the plane. I mean, he's a normal guy, just like me, but because of culture and media, I have tendencies to fear him.

In the end, I forced myself to strike up a conversation with him. And he was just as normal as anyone could be. More normal than me at least.

Poor guy though. I could only imagine what a nightmare it was for him to get through airport security.
(Actually, I have an Iranian friend, and he says it's redonkulous when he goes to the airport. Oh, but this is the same guy that dresses up as a terrorist for Halloween. So... Razz)
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-02-12, 12:10

Darkjedi wrote:

I love your hypocrisy Smile
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2011-02-12, 15:33

So DW whats your avatar meant to be?
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Destral 2011-02-12, 15:40

Dont you recognize the star emblem? Or the word "Avenger?" Its Captain America!
Destral
Destral
Number 1
Number 1

Male Number of posts : 1792
Location : Im not behind you. Dont look back there. Seriously, dont. Thats a bear. Im in front of you.
Registration date : 2009-03-01

http://www.earth-link-origins.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-02-12, 15:44

Give a cookie to the man!
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2011-02-12, 15:45

I've never seen or heard of captian america
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-02-12, 15:48

Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by A-BIack_Man 2011-02-12, 15:49

woah guys, i think lee just disappeared from the surface of the earth!
A-BIack_Man
A-BIack_Man

Male Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-02-12, 15:49

Heh yeah, he's about to!
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2011-02-12, 15:51

Yea i sorta got bored of that topic so i didn't read it
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2011-02-12, 15:52

Captain America isn't very famous over here. What with, you know, being a cartoon character embodying another country. He's a Marvel(?) comic character, but noone reads those over here.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-02-12, 16:16

leewatson1 wrote:Yea i sorta got bored of that topic so i didn't read it

It was on page 2 and you have responses after that, so...
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2011-02-12, 16:16

Please tell me you know who Captain Britain is then?
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1769
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-02-12, 16:29

The British rip-off of Captain America... Razz
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2011-02-12, 16:38

Well one creator of Cap'n B was American
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-02-12, 16:47

Good for them
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2011-02-12, 19:39

Captain Britain I have only heard of in passing. Again, Marvel comics haven't really got going properly into the mainstream comic market here.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2011-02-12, 19:40

How could you not have heard of captain America?

Darkwing wrote:
Darkjedi wrote:

I love your hypocrisy Smile
I know, I'm terrible.
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2011-02-12, 20:13

Shemuel wrote:Captain Britain I have only heard of in passing. Again, Marvel comics haven't really got going properly into the mainstream comic market here.

So you've never herd of Marvel-UK?
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2011-02-12, 20:33

I know presume Marvel does a UK version of some of their stuff, but I don't think I've ever seen a Marvel comic being sold. Mind you, that could well just be me.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2011-02-12, 20:36

Have you ever been inside a British paper shop? or what ever there called now a day, most people assume Comics are for kids...so they put them in the "Youngling" area. Most shops sell around five different Marvel Comics in there stores,
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2011-02-12, 20:47

Yeah, see, I'm rural. I don't go to London regularly. I've been inside many paper shops, but their core feature is that they're small and often run by amiable asian guys. Having tons of Marvel comics isn't a core feature.

Also, yes, most comics of that ilk should be regarded mainly as children's fare. Sad sad men can also collect them and orgasm over the unblemished plastic covers.

P.S., the way you put that post implies you are either old or not British.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2011-02-12, 20:54

I never been to London....

And I have a kinda messed up way of making posts that have no point.
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-02-13, 00:38

Shemuel wrote:Yeah, see, I'm rural. I don't go to London regularly. I've been inside many paper shops, but their core feature is that they're small and often run by amiable asian guys. Having tons of Marvel comics isn't a core feature.

Also, yes, most comics of that ilk should be regarded mainly as children's fare. Sad sad men can also collect them and orgasm over the unblemished plastic covers.

P.S., the way you put that post implies you are either old or not British.

You are a sad person Shemuel.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoshi Midnight 2011-02-13, 06:14

Wow.. Well, I'm hoping to try and get back into the flow of things of this forum again but main reason for my disappearance is the... well my inspiration just died... like suddenly dropped to almost nothing and every time I'd come up with something to post, I couldn't put it into words...but I still have this site on my favorites. I'll probably be off and on a few days a week, and try to get back into regularly posting on the site again.
Kiyoshi Midnight
Kiyoshi Midnight
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2008-12-08

https://s795.photobucket.com/home/ParadoxialEnigma/index

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down