Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star trek MMORPG out later this year/early next!!!

5 posters

Go down

Star trek MMORPG out later this year/early next!!! Empty Star trek MMORPG out later this year/early next!!!

Post by Earthdeath 2008-05-02, 20:52

Perpetual entertainment is making Star trek onlin! the star trek version of world of warcraft but much better and its expected to come out late this year early next. cheers cheers cheers
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7919
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Star trek MMORPG out later this year/early next!!! Empty Re: Star trek MMORPG out later this year/early next!!!

Post by Hades 2008-05-03, 00:08

Just what we need another MMORPG.Rolling Eyes
Hades
Passenger
Passenger

Number of posts : 44
Location : On the GTD Hades MK2 watching people say that Star Trek or Star Wars beats Star Trek or Star wars.
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Back to top Go down

Star trek MMORPG out later this year/early next!!! Empty Re: Star trek MMORPG out later this year/early next!!!

Post by Philly Homer 2008-05-03, 00:41

WoW is not worth playing anyways... You pay to play a Runescape-esque game. I see no fun in that, quite frankly.
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7388
Registration date : 2007-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2008-05-03, 06:16

For me I probably won't try it. you have to spend money Rolling Eyes
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Liljenborg 2008-05-03, 07:15

I've been playing Rappelz for over a year. My brother is a serious WoW addict. But I find MMORPGs boring. There's no story. In the end you level up to level up and hang out with guildies. I need a story to keep me wanting to play. I want my character to be able to DO something besides grind and fulfill meaningless kill 15 orcs, 10 warrior orcs, and 5 orc chiefs quests.

The lack of story is fairly inherent in the mmorpg format. You can't do anything all that world changing because there's lower level players who still need monsters to fight (and if you actually killed all the demon roosters on the farmer's fields what would they do for their quests). And I'm too dependent on other people's schedules. Whenever I finally get a party together (as in virtually every mmorpg I've ever been a part of a lot of damage dealers all waiting around whining that one of the six clerics on-line will join their party instead of the other 70 parties already going) I've got an appointment, or I need to get to bed, or somebody has to go to school. And if you're partying, you can't play for less than an hour, and you can't pause the game while you switch laundry loads or do a few chores, you need to stay in it.

I prefer to solo, but drop rates are low intentionally to encourage you to spend real money in the cash shop, and my main character is finally at a level where there are almost no quests (the only story element in the game). I won't even go into how automated gold farmers totally ruined the in game economy and made just playing so un-afordable that you couldn't buy the upgrades and things that you wanted.

I don't think I've logged in on it for 3 weeks now, and only then because my guildies wanted me to help in a siege defense against another guild. My main character is lvl 65ish and the rest of my guild is 90-110. I can't even score a hit against them. I was just cannon fodder.

A Star Trek mmorpg could be fun if you could do things other than fight, like build and run a starship construction facility, or start colonies on new planets (I'm really good a resource management on RTS games), or really explore unexplored space. It would be interesting if you could be one person on the bridge of a starship with other actual players (you'd want me on weapons or at engineering) but, again, that would require a significant time commitment that I just don't have these days.
Liljenborg
Liljenborg
Passenger
Passenger

Male Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://www.liljenborg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2008-05-03, 14:28

you can walk around on the ships with actual people, and there are missions wich lead into one another
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7919
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down