Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dilemma of the day

+4
Darkjedi
JPB18
Shemuel
Thingy
8 posters

Go down

What do you choose?

Dilemma of the day I_vote_lcap38%Dilemma of the day I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Dilemma of the day I_vote_lcap62%Dilemma of the day I_vote_rcap 62% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 8

Dilemma of the day Empty Dilemma of the day

Post by Thingy 2011-07-09, 19:34

So. A man comes up to you. He demonstrates his god-like powers, and then gives you a choice. You can die instantly this very moment, no pain, nothing, you just fall to the ground dead and whatever happens after death happens. Or you can live till you're about 50, when you will start slowly dying for 5 years. The first few years will be like having alzheimers, and the last year or so will be painful as frak. But hey, at least the 35-30 years you live will be completely normal. Except for the fact that you will have to live with your fate in mind.

What do you choose?

/endshittydilemma

Personally, I'd just choose to die. Much simpler.
Thingy
Thingy

Male Number of posts : 4452
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Dilemma of the day Empty Re: Dilemma of the day

Post by Shemuel 2011-07-09, 20:21

Live until I'm 50. There's things I want to do - quite frankly my life so far is probably a waste of resources
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2011-07-09, 20:54

Die when I'm 50 years old... I just have too many things to do... Very Happy
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2011-07-09, 21:20

50. I'll be able to make a difference by then.
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9277
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A-BIack_Man 2011-07-09, 22:27

Is killing yourself before you reach age 50 an option? If not, then I might just die now.
A-BIack_Man
A-BIack_Man

Male Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-07-09, 23:35

Definitely die now.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Destral 2011-07-10, 00:09

Die instantly.
Destral
Destral
Number 1
Number 1

Male Number of posts : 1792
Location : Im not behind you. Dont look back there. Seriously, dont. Thats a bear. Im in front of you.
Registration date : 2009-03-01

http://www.earth-link-origins.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-07-10, 00:52

A-BIack_Man wrote:Is killing yourself before you reach age 50 an option? If not, then I might just die now.

Well, yeah, it is. But blowing your brains out isn't really that easy.

Oh, and remember. If you get any kind of long distance relationship, your death will affect your partner. So unless you're fine and dandy with leaving a broken family (since they'll have to watch you deteriorate over time till you're a husk of your former being or just blow your brains out one day), marriage and that kind of stuff is out of the question. So even if you meet someone you click perfectly with and want to spend the rest of your life with, you can't without screwing them over in the long run.
Thingy
Thingy

Male Number of posts : 4452
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-07-10, 00:53

And in very simply, life sucks enough as it is, if you're given the choice, why on earth would you want to drag it out another 30 years, especially if all that's gonna happen is a slow death?
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2011-07-10, 05:38

I'd live to 50.

Just cause life's shit as it is, doesn't mean I gotta end it.
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1769
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2011-07-10, 07:42

Thingy wrote:
A-BIack_Man wrote:Is killing yourself before you reach age 50 an option? If not, then I might just die now.

Oh, and remember. If you get any kind of long distance relationship, your death will affect your partner. So unless you're fine and dandy with leaving a broken family (since they'll have to watch you deteriorate over time till you're a husk of your former being or just blow your brains out one day), marriage and that kind of stuff is out of the question. So even if you meet someone you click perfectly with and want to spend the rest of your life with, you can't without screwing them over in the long run.
Well, tell them before you marry them. Even if they give you up, doesn't mean you can't have fun in that time. Or you could devote the rest of your life to charity, working out in Afghanistan, even. See every day longer you're alive as a gift.
btw, I think you meant long term relationship.
Darkwing wrote:And in very simply, life sucks enough as it is, if you're given the choice, why on earth would you want to drag it out another 30 years, especially if all that's gonna happen is a slow death?
Why don't you commit suicide if life's that bad? Nah, I don't wish you that, because I expect life to cheer up for you someday. Just think, no more Doctor Who and Star Trek for you!
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2011-07-10, 10:13

Shemuel wrote:
Darkwing wrote:And in very simply, life sucks enough as it is, if you're given the choice, why on earth would you want to drag it out another 30 years, especially if all that's gonna happen is a slow death?
Why don't you commit suicide if life's that bad? Nah, I don't wish you that, because I expect life to cheer up for you someday. Just think, no more Doctor Who and Star Trek for you!

You stole the words out of my mouth in there! =D

Sure, you can screw things up, you can make anyone in the world hate you, or the opposite! You might end up being a very good person, which everyone loves, and stuff like this...

But I'm ruled by that sentence which says:

"If life screws you, screw it back twice has hard" Very Happy
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-07-10, 11:17

Shemuel wrote:
Thingy wrote:

Well, tell them before you marry them. Even if they give you up, doesn't mean you can't have fun in that time. Or you could devote the rest of your life to charity, working out in Afghanistan, even. See every day longer you're alive as a gift.
btw, I think you meant long term relationship.

It wouldn't be as far-fetched an idea as you may think
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2011-07-10, 12:43

Darkwing wrote:It wouldn't be as far-fetched an idea as you may think