Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you ever got the "Back in my day" Speech?

+2
Destral
Evil Person
6 posters

Go down

Have you ever got the "Back in my day" Speech? Empty Have you ever got the "Back in my day" Speech?

Post by Evil Person 2010-07-08, 21:04

OMFG, i just got the "Back in my Day" speech, consisting of:

"Back in my day, we diddnt have a remote, we had a knob"
"Back in my day, we diddnt have DVR, we had Beta Max's"
"Back in my day, we couldent record songs without the Radio Person Interupt the song"
"Back in my day, we could buy 10 pounds of Candy for 1 Penny"

The list goes on, ever happen to you, and my parents arent that old either.
Evil Person
Evil Person
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1176
Location : Space (The Final Fronteer, These are the voyages....)
Registration date : 2009-06-28

http://starwarsuc.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Have you ever got the "Back in my day" Speech? Empty Re: Have you ever got the "Back in my day" Speech?

Post by Destral 2010-07-08, 21:13

Im proud to say I dont recall if it has ever happened to me Very Happy
Destral
Destral
Number 1
Number 1

Male Number of posts : 1792
Location : Im not behind you. Dont look back there. Seriously, dont. Thats a bear. Im in front of you.
Registration date : 2009-03-01

http://www.earth-link-origins.com/

Back to top Go down

Have you ever got the "Back in my day" Speech? Empty Re: Have you ever got the "Back in my day" Speech?

Post by leewatson1 2010-07-08, 21:16

Haha i get it of my parents and grandparents i just say well in my day i get x for y
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-07-08, 21:26

i usually tell people that back in my day we had VHS Very Happy
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2010-07-08, 21:29

Wow VHS so retro now DVDS are so much superior actually being able to pause without the screen jumping everywhere and missing about 30seconds of the movie everytime you unpause
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Person 2010-07-08, 21:36

I remember using VHS to record Pokemon when i was little, when i am bored the VHS is still plugged in on top of the DVR, so i will put the Pokemon VHS's in and watch them, there is something that feels so i dont know what the word is, but about VHS's, its just normal to use them, i dont know why, i actually prefer VHS's, as you can fast forward to the start of the video without having to watch the FBI warning and all that.

I remember l2 years ago , i was a safty patrol for my school, as it was 6th grade, and the last grade for the elementary, so i was suppost to help the Recces and Lunch aids with all of the children, as we only had 3 Recces/Lunch Aids and like 60 6th Graders, so it really hepled them, anyway, i was having a Conversation With a Kinderguartener, that i guess really liked my or something, cuase she always used to asked me to play with her and her friends and stuff, anyway i asked her if she knew what a Video Tape was, and she diddnt know, She diddnt know what a Record or a Walkman Was Either, lol, i guess i am outdated, and i am only 14.
Evil Person
Evil Person
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2010-07-08, 21:41

Well thoose were getting phased out when we were young im 15 my sister is 13 and she only knows what a record is because she found my mams record collection and my smooth jazz collection and single records the only way to listen to jazz
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-07-08, 22:40

oh man, if I had some of my Jazz on record and I had a reocrd player I would just die. That would be too cool
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Person 2010-07-08, 23:24

Dude, my paretns have records, though they were getting Phased out by 8-Tracks and Cassets....and the 8-Track was phased out by Cassets, i remember having Cassets, my dads truck only played cassets.
Evil Person
Evil Person
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-07-08, 23:28

our van plays cassettes
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Person 2010-07-09, 00:25

Our Car plays CD's and Cassets, our SUV plays CD's.....so.....................we also have this thing that plugs into Walkmans and MP3 Players that plays the music on them By putting a special casset with a headphone plug on it into the Casset Player.
Evil Person
Evil Person
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2010-07-09, 01:25

yeah, I've heard of those. We never have used the cassette player though. Now they have these funky devices for connecting your MP3 player by attaching this device that sends out a wireless signal for the car radio to pick up, it's kinda nifty
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-07-09, 03:53

leewatson1 wrote:Well thoose were getting phased out when we were young im 15 my sister is 13 and she only knows what a record is because she found my mams record collection and my smooth jazz collection and single records the only way to listen to jazz

Wait, you listen to smooth jazz on a record player? You just got an awesome point. Or five.

My mom gives me a back in my day speech about how egypt was great when she was a kid every once in a while... And she's quite right, egypt is a huge, over polluted, over crowded dump these days. It must have been alot better back when there wasn't so much people and pollution.

Speaking of cassettes... They're standard for alot of the middle class people who can't afford modern cars in egypt, like my aunt. She listens to 80'-50's music while driving in her 80's car, and cars from the 80's and early 90's are quite common in egypt.
Thingy
Thingy

Male Number of posts : 4452
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2010-07-09, 05:48

Hmm, I need to check something.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down