Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saved Game Editing

Go down

Saved Game Editing Empty Saved Game Editing

Post by raffitz 2009-07-22, 11:34

webxro wrote:OK lets start enter in C:\Documents and Settings\ and double click the user-name mine is Master(just to know ) then enter in Application Data and double click the Macromedia
and then Flash Player and after that in #SharedObjects
and you should see ther one folder whit some random numbers and letters ( mine is 937CQRVH ) double click it and now you are in a folder whit some folders , depending where you play flashtrek you should look for a folder whit a name of where you play flashtrek if not search for a folder called "flashtrekbrokenmirror.swf" or only for folders whit "trek" in there names ( also wach for the folder to contain a file named "gameslot1.sol"

Well, my swf file is called "BROKENMIRROR.swf", so, searching for "trek" wasn't much help.
The first thing I tried to do was opening the file. Notepad will do, obviously. Now, in order to understand what you see, you must know plugins... Once again, I link you to the best plugin guide I know.

Now, if you search for a station like, let's see, "XR-51 (Abandoned" (I think that's an existing one), you'll see you have much more numbers that you're supposed to... Well, in reality, you have the exact same data of the plugin, but each variable (like name, shields, buy/build slots, ...) is preceded by a pointer, a stupid number whose existence you should ignore, but you should not delete. To better distinguish pointers from variables, pointers have two squares, one on the left, and one on the right, while variables only have one square on the left... Knowing this, you can edit any data as if it was a plugin... If you want to change your name, your vessel's name or your empire's name, those are the last three variables, however, just before they appear, there seems to be a change in pointer data, so the username's pointer is 0, the ship's name's pointer is 1 and the empire's name's pointer is 2...

Et voilĂ ...

I'd like to thank webxro for revealing the containing folder (I'd never have the patience to go looking for it)...
raffitz
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://github.com/raffitz

Back to top Go down