Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BM II Plugin Editing (Manual Edit through Notepad)

4 posters

Go down

BM II Plugin Editing (Manual Edit through Notepad) Empty BM II Plugin Editing (Manual Edit through Notepad)

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 10:55

Hmm... kinda new at this. Forgive me for being impetuous.

BM2 is so cool. I can create my own planets, and basically make Sonata accessible (change the map coordinate values).

Anyway... on to the subject.

As the title says, I'm currently doing a manual edit of the plugins of BM II (after editing it through the unfinished in-game editor), I noticed a trend of sorts. I don't know if it's a bug, but I found that when you load plugins (through manual edit or the in-game edit), the Governments (or Races) disappear.

What do I mean?

If you load the game normally, the Governments appear as normal (when hailing planets, hailing ships, random interplanetary battles...). But once you load plugins (manual or in-game), they become blank. Literally blank.

Sample? Like this... " : Allied Treaty" when you view the declarations. Or when you warp... "There was an attack of on the planet Noron." or something like that.

I figured it might be one of the plugins I loaded, so I loaded them one at a time to isolate the errant plugin, but they're all the same in the end. No government (race). So I thought it must be one of the values, so I started experimenting... and lost all the planets. Undaunted, I tried to compare the plugins from BM1 and BM2, but that didn't work (gotta try, right?).

In the end, I figured it must be in the plugin loader of the game. Maybe the loader assigns values incorrectly? I'd gladly take this challenge, but sadly, I've got no flash editor (and basically, I'm a poor guy... can't buy one yet).

We can't blame the in-game plugin, coz it also happens when you load plugins manually. By the way, I'm using the BM2 plugins Darkwing posted on another site (bmpluginsII.zip).

Has anyone solved this yet?
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down

BM II Plugin Editing (Manual Edit through Notepad) Empty Re: BM II Plugin Editing (Manual Edit through Notepad)

Post by me naam is m 2009-03-16, 12:11

Dark Rance wrote:Hmm... kinda new at this. Forgive me for being impetuous.

make Sonata accessible (change the map coordinate values).
ehm... Sonata IS accessible?

Dark Rance wrote:If you load the game normally, the Governments appear as normal (when hailing planets, hailing ships, random interplanetary battles...). But once you load plugins (manual or in-game), they become blank. Literally blank.

Sample? Like this... " : Allied Treaty" when you view the declarations. Or when you warp... "There was an attack of on the planet Noron." or something like that.

I figured it might be one of the plugins I loaded, so I loaded them one at a time to isolate the errant plugin, but they're all the same in the end. No government (race). So I thought it must be one of the values, so I started experimenting... and lost all the planets. Undaunted, I tried to compare the plugins from BM1 and BM2, but that didn't work (gotta try, right?).

In the end, I figured it must be in the plugin loader of the game. Maybe the loader assigns values incorrectly? I'd gladly take this challenge, but sadly, I've got no flash editor (and basically, I'm a poor guy... can't buy one yet).
what do you mean by loading plugins manually?
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9981
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

BM II Plugin Editing (Manual Edit through Notepad) Empty Re: BM II Plugin Editing (Manual Edit through Notepad)

Post by Darkwing 2009-03-16, 12:15

yeah, i told him you were working on one, he just doesn't know to what extent your debugging has gone
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 12:24

Changing Sonata's map coordinates in the plugins will make it visible when you get near, say, Delphin. Just gotta be really good with the x and y coordinates thingie... though Sonata's values were kinda incorrect at first, like the planet strength and such. Also, the prestige is already at 100 percent for some reason too. I changed the x coordinate with -280 I think.... just deducted 10 from the present coordinates and apparently when you reach Delphin (or was it another planet? I forgot...) Sonata will become visible... and with it, Iritium (sp?).

What I meant by loading plugins manually, instead of using the in-game plugin maker/loader, I loaded the downloaded game and from the 'Options' menu I loaded the plugins I edited.
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2009-03-16, 12:25

well, one of the bugs m fixed was that one. sonata is now visible on the map not using plugins
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 12:33

Ah, that's good.

I tried using the different versions of BM2 (Darkwing's and M's), and I just tried M's a couple of minutes ago (M's debugged version is the 1.7 without the game editor right?). I tried loading the unedited plugins from the zip file DW posted somewhere, but again, the Government is still blank.
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2009-03-16, 12:46

I chose to omit the plugin editor as a whole, because it makes the game easier on the loading, it's hard to code, and very buggy.

maybe somewhere in the far future there will be a separate standalone one.

as for the version i'm using: i'm using the original, with some bug fixes of mine of course.

anyway... i think i know why it is. the default ingame plugin (in the loading scene, frame 51 to 57) loads perfectly, the outside plugins don't. obviously the plugin functions haven't been update to the BM2 format yet.
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 12:54

Dang... I knew it was the default plugin loader.

So... is there any chance of the outside plugins may be loaded correctly in the game soon? I'd gladly edit the in-game plugins if I had the money to buy a Flash Editor program. Sadly, I'm a poor guy.

So, I'm stuck with external plugins.
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2009-03-16, 12:57

Dark Rance wrote:Dang... I knew it was the default plugin loader.

So... is there any chance of the outside plugins may be loaded correctly in the game soon? I'd gladly edit the in-game plugins if I had the money to buy a Flash Editor program. Sadly, I'm a poor guy.

So, I'm stuck with external plugins.

do you have a torrent program?

anyway, i'd advise notepad ++
you can only edit the code with it, the rest is all unintelligible jibberjabber, but the default plugins should be editable that way.
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 13:04

Okay, I found Notepad++. I can edit the .swf file with it? I didn't know that.

I guess I have to download all the plugins as well just to be certain right?

I'm sorry if I ask a lot of questions, but I'm kinda interested in the process, is all.
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2009-03-16, 13:06

questions are okay. Smile
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 14:18

Hmm... when I opened up the .swf file with notepad++... everything's in a whole new different language.

Alien, I reckon.

Gah... pale
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2009-03-16, 14:22

yeah i know... BM was created by an alien! it's all true! it's happening! Razz

first you need to set the language to flash actionscript.
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 14:28

Alrighty... hmmm nothing changed much. Still vaguely readable (understatement).

All I can see are these:

YB²ÌhQÊb8˜ÉóUê’‘L›¡ùqoòøŠ7¥÷ËäÊ'×¥ÕwŒ¦=’PÔmºÒ`.ç=¹nVöôS=e 1ƒC™️‰Õ,­Jã‚_

And that's just a sample. Gah.

This is... going to be bad, isn't it? Suspect
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2009-03-16, 14:33

as i said, it can only read the code. the unintelligible jibberjabber is all the jibberjabber about layers, and mainly data for the music and images. you didn't look all over the document huh?

for an example: press Ctrl + F and put in
3;100;300;320;50;15;620000;2;16;0;5;7;1;Galor Class;A large powerful vessel, well rounded with cargo and weapons and speed.;6;5;600;500;500;65;7;950000;3;19;0;3;4;1;Keldon Class;A variant of the Galor Class, built for war.;7;3;1050;250;900;50;5;1150000;3;19;0;3;3;1
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 14:44

Ah, tried your suggestion on search... that wasn't found at all.

I wonder why... so Language is set to Flash actionscript... should I change another setting in the menu of Notepad ++? Like Format (Encode in...)?
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2009-03-16, 14:51

Suspect i never needed to do that.

oh, you may want to use a smaller piece of text though.
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 15:05

Hmmm... posting a sample of what I can see....

BM II Plugin Editing (Manual Edit through Notepad) Sample
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2009-03-16, 15:08

yeah i know that, you should look further...
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 15:17

.... dang. Zero results in search strings "Gorn", "Remus", etc....

I downloaded all of the plugins for Notepad++, it's in ANSI format, Flash actionscript language... still no results.

I tried it when it's in Unicode format, still no results.

I wonder what's wrong... hmmm... should I open up an html version or something? Coz I opened up the .swf file...
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2009-03-16, 15:53

*facepalm*

ehm.

yeah.

duh. you'll need the .fla, not the .fws
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2009-03-16, 15:54

yeah, i was just thinking that too
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 16:04

.... okaaay. So I edit the .fla file...

Wait. Does this mean I will need a compiler for it to work?
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2009-03-16, 16:06

you could send it to me or DW to let it be compiled.
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 16:12

That's nice of you to suggest... although... it would really be better if outside plugins can be loaded as well.

Hmm... I wonder if there's a free flash compiler somewhere...
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2009-03-16, 16:22

should i make a torrent for you or shouldn't i?
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 16:29

*sulks* Got no way to decipher torrent too...

Can you send the debugged .swf file to my email? If it's in .zip or .rar form, either way is fine with me.
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2009-03-16, 16:56

You have no way of downloading torrents? What? How?

It's called UTorrent. Duh.

Note: Pirating is bad! Bad boy!
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9277
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2009-03-16, 16:57

Darkjedi wrote:You have no way of downloading torrents? What? How?

uhg! what's that smell? is it poop? no! it;s the hypocrisy!
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2009-03-16, 16:57

oh boy, here, i'll say it then, pirating is bad
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 17:02

..... which is why I was asking for the files in zip form (or rar) and not torrent.

Got no program to torrent, and I'm pretty honest about stuff (sounds off boos emerged all over).

Meh. Piracy is bad, true. Except at sea. And space.

Sea Pirates are cool. And Space Pirates.
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2009-03-16, 17:02

me naam is m wrote:
Darkjedi wrote:You have no way of downloading torrents? What? How?

uhg! what's that smell? is it poop? no! it;s the hypocrisy!
Well, torrents aren't always used for bad stuff.

I used a torrent to download Ubuntu.
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9277
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Rance 2009-03-16, 17:04

I know. Torrents aren't all that bad.

But I'd rather have zip files and rar files instead of torrent.

Oh, and my email address is visible to you, right? Can you please send the files there?

bounce
Dark Rance
Dark Rance
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down