Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP idea

2 posters

Go down

RP idea Empty RP idea

Post by Xel'Haddas 2008-12-04, 04:47

For my current science fiction novel that I'm writing, I had come up with several ideas for spacefaring factions to aid the Colonial Nation in their war for survival against the Dominion.

One, the Vanskrytorrians, came up as the best. They are a entirely spacelocked society (the Colonists regularly love to swing their oversized titanic Colony Ships by an orbit path just so everybody gets that good planet feeling) whose primary goal is to gather a valuable gas which occurs ONLY near damaged wormhole rifts: velkerran gas. This mineral is required for their ships to travel great distances (they open a rift, and then convert their ships into tachyon waves which then drop into realspace somewhere else, finally turning back into the ships).

The Dominion, a Zerg-like group, consist of thousands of factions of coreminds, some serving under an OverLord who controls them. They power the rare planetary star drive with velkerran gas, and they obtain it by destroying Vansk fleets.

All ships end in -vansk. For example, their primary battleship/carrier is a Dabirarushke-vansk (pronounced dah-beer-rawr-ushkay–vahnsk) and their standard fighters are called Bdneyal-vansk (pronounced bd-neigh-al)

A large group of those ships have their conjugational -vansk replaced with -torr.

This gas is extremely dense at even room temperature: it has thousands of electrons, and billions of protons and neutrons, and it contains residual energy from the second plane of existence in this dimension. That residual energy is necessary to power ALL jump drives (except Dominion 'dimension cube' jump systems), and so minor factions pay hefty prices to get their hands on just nine Poland Spring-sized containers of the gas [enough to pull a thousand Enterprises through a wormhole at Earth and end up in the Gamma Quadrant of their dimension]

All battleships are like the Battlestars in BSG. Skrylshnija (civilians) are given a fair level of respect by the militia, and most cultures treat one poor, poor Colonial trainee pilot like a god (because she managed to blow the antimatter power core of a coremind cruiser) which has increased Colonist relations tenfold.

Whaddya' think so far?
Xel'Haddas
Xel'Haddas
Passenger
Passenger

Male Number of posts : 99
Location : Somewhere on Atlantis, making ZPMs have happy time buttons just so they can be fusion bombs
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

RP idea Empty Re: RP idea

Post by Jim Russ 2008-12-04, 11:54

Good Idea. By the way, welcome back to the forum!
Jim Russ
Jim Russ
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 710
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Xel'Haddas 2008-12-04, 21:17

Thanks, Jim.

I was thinking that my RP idea could end up in a very specific section, where after finally forgetting what the Dominion really was, tales of a Dominion planet moving between the starsystems ends up in the ears of the Vrallski-torr (commander with the plural -torr) and they decide to investigate, having finished their latest velkerran gas farming trip over an agriculturally advanced planet. Fully stocked with supplies, they set out with a Clalaksa-vansk capital warship and ten Dabirarushke-torr.

They have no idea what awaits them – but because I love everyone so much, I'll hint at it: a coremind cruiser, and three strange faces; one machine, one human, and one genetic human-Lyght hybrid.
Xel'Haddas
Xel'Haddas
Passenger
Passenger

Male Number of posts : 99
Location : Somewhere on Atlantis, making ZPMs have happy time buttons just so they can be fusion bombs
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down