Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcement: New Radiohead Album!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Announcement: New Radiohead Album!!!! Empty Announcement: New Radiohead Album!!!!

Post by Darkjedi 2011-02-14, 13:14

I have been checking Radiohead's blog every morning, of every day of the week, for 2 years solid. All in anticipation of finding a blog post that basically says, 'New album, here it is, and it comes out (insert date here)'. And you know what? It finally happened!!!! I literally screamed like a little girl when I read this:

Announcement: New Radiohead Album!!!! Radioheadyes

This Saturday, The King of Limbs will be released! cheers

Yes, my favorite band is finally releasing their new album!!! I'm so excited, I might throw up!

This, is officially the best week of the entire year! (for me at least) Plus, I just got an awesome job at some nursing/assisted living home for uber rich people. (I start tomorrow, but I have to get a drug test and background check today)

BTW, for all of you who feel apathetic about this announcement:

Spoiler:

Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9277
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Announcement: New Radiohead Album!!!! Empty Re: Announcement: New Radiohead Album!!!!

Post by Shemuel 2011-02-14, 15:35

Pleased to hear. Hopefully slightly more like Pablo Honey, although I doubt it.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Announcement: New Radiohead Album!!!! Empty Re: Announcement: New Radiohead Album!!!!

Post by Darkjedi 2011-02-14, 19:41

IMO Pablo Honey was their weakest album. Sure, it was great, and I liked it, but it's not as innovative or inspiring as the other albums.

The 07 album In Rainbows was a little bit less weird than their usual stuff, but it was still weird enough to be dubbed with the name "Radiohead".

For every album they release, they seem to redefine, if not create, a new music genre. I wonder what The King of Limbs will sound like?

Note: I think this name was hinted at back in 09 when the singles "These Are My Twisted Words" and "Harry Patch" were released. Since the cover art accompanying the download looked like this:

Announcement: New Radiohead Album!!!! These-are-my-twisted-words-artwork

Very The King of Limbsish right? I've always hoped that this cover art wasn't just a coincidence, and it looks like it wasn't after all. It was foreshadowing the new album.
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2011-02-19, 04:10

Oh yeah, they released it a day early. And I didn't even know! Downloaded it once I got home from work. I'm on 4th track now, and I like what I hear.

Feral, that's the name of the song I'm on now. And it sounds like Thom got high on weed and then wrote this song. But hey whatever, I am experiencing an eargasm right now.

I broke some morals... I'm seeding now. LOL (meh, it's 10 bucks, I'll buy it tomorrow. Just wanted to preview it first)

Among the seeders, I have people from all over the states, some from India, one from Finland, Malaysia, a couple of aussies, one in Tasmania too, and then someone from Jtulland?

Announcement: New Radiohead Album!!!! Jtullwhereisthis
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkjedi 2011-02-19, 13:22

Well, I listened to the whole thing. Very nice, slick. Also very different from all of their other albums.

A bit of Kid A + In Rainbows (b side mainly) + a new can of weird = King of Limbs

They've really deviated from rock almost all together. It's really a Jazz/Ambient/Electronica/Avant-garde album. There's no big bangs like in their other albums. Instead, you drift into a forest of confusion, wallow in the green fields of reflection, smoke some weed, shrink to the size of a pinhead, fall into a rain puddle, and then surf on a dumpster down a mountain in slow motion. But you don't get to the bottom, you're left on a cliff-hanger.

I personally think that Radiohead will release more tracks. It's extremely likely IMO. Some Youtube douchebags have some interesting theories:

So, a newspaper album....

"And if you think this is over
Then you're wrong" - Thom Yorke
(from the song, "Separator")
Darkjedi
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down