Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets see who knows there fench without TRANSLATOR!

+9
rrps700
Philly Homer
Deoran Drages
JPB18
Shemuel
Thingy
leewatson1
Darkwing
Genix Warrior
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lets see who knows there fench without TRANSLATOR! Empty Lets see who knows there fench without TRANSLATOR!

Post by Genix Warrior 2011-01-25, 15:54

I will post a series of french sayings and I will see who can answere them ok.

Soyez bienvenus au forum de randonnée d'éclat, j'espère que vous appréciez votre séjour

Je déteste noobs et flamers vous font ?

un des jeux de randonnée d'éclat a besoin du travail, qu'un ?

merci pour votre temps!

there they are, have a go Very Happy
Genix Warrior
Genix Warrior
Cadet
Cadet

Male Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Back to top Go down

Lets see who knows there fench without TRANSLATOR! Empty Re: Lets see who knows there fench without TRANSLATOR!

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-25, 16:07

1.) Something about welcome to a random forum, I hope you appreciate your day. Though if that's the case, your conjugations are incorrect

2.) I hate noobs and flamers, don't you?

3.)A young random something needs to work or something like that

3.) Thank you for your weather. (You should've use l'heure, not temps)
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Lets see who knows there fench without TRANSLATOR! Empty Re: Lets see who knows there fench without TRANSLATOR!

Post by Genix Warrior 2011-01-25, 16:14

Very nice, and my stuff is correct, but you did very well on the first one, I said welcome to the forum pretty much, and the other one is about flash trek but still nice. Very Happy

The noobs and flamers is very correct.

the weather one was way off Very Happy nice try though.

Last edited by Gorn Regime on 2011-01-25, 16:15; edited 1 time in total
Genix Warrior
Genix Warrior
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-25, 16:14

Also, you used the plural form of you too many times and it also refers to somebody of higher authority. Where this is casual, you should have used the conjugations of tu
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Genix Warrior 2011-01-25, 16:16

I used a translator to do this, so how could it be wrong??

I must say you are very good at french, where did you learn it?

vous êtes stupéfiants comment les avez-vous reçus ?
Genix Warrior
Genix Warrior
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-25, 16:21

Translators are always wrong. Here's a fun way to test. Have a short story/paragraph written. Translate it to a language, translate it back, translate it to that language again, translate it back. Do this multiple times, then read the story/paragraph again.

I learned french in school, though it's been some years since I have taken it, I still remember a thing or two. On top of that, my sister is bilingual and therefore fluent in french, so I have her help on some things (though she wasn't home when I translated that)
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Genix Warrior 2011-01-25, 16:24

Well I do suppose translators are wrong lol, and nice, you took french, I am still in the stages of learning the weather.
Genix Warrior
Genix Warrior
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-25, 16:25

The only weather you need to know here is il neige and il est froid ou tres frigide

(sorry that there's no accents, my keyboard doesn't like those)
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Genix Warrior 2011-01-25, 16:27

So thats it's snowy and that it's cold?
Genix Warrior
Genix Warrior
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-25, 16:31

Pretty much Smile
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Genix Warrior 2011-01-25, 16:42

lol in the uk that is true, nothing but rain as well.
Genix Warrior
Genix Warrior
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2011-01-25, 17:32

I haven't used my basic french for a couple of years but i managed to translate most of the paragraph myself
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-01-25, 17:41

Is french hard to learn? I''m thinking about learning french, then italian so i can speak all the major languages of the EU. Not because of patriotism or something like that, i just want to be able to speak to anyone when i go there and be more competitive on the job market. I mean, who'll pass up a KTH graduate who can speak fluent German, French, Italian, Arabic, Swedish and English (I speak Arabic, Swedish, English and German at the moment. My German is pretty good, but not fluent. Yet.)? Plus i want to be able to work in any of the major union members. Want to do some CAD programming/ automobile electronic engineering in Germany? Why not? Devise a perfect baguette/croissant baking machine in France to feed their unending lust for baguettes and croissants? Can do. As long as they throw massive piles of Euros at me every month, that is. I mean, 100k EU currency a year isn't anywhere near bad. It's almost a million swedish. A YEAR. Seriously, king Midas would be jealous.
Thingy
Thingy

Male Number of posts : 4452
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-25, 17:54

No, french isn't all that hard, besides you have english and spanish and you'll notice a lot of similarities between french and spanish and then learning Italian should be a cinch cause all the romantic languages are very similar in concept to each other
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-01-25, 17:56

Yeah, they're all based on latin. You just have to learn one, and learning the rest is easy.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-25, 18:04

Pretty much. Think I might take Latin in university in the fall, or at least give it a try
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-01-25, 18:06

Well, if you speak french, it'll be a little easier. Pretty hard language though, and not very useful either these days.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2011-01-25, 18:11

I found Latin not bad at all. It isn't like a Germanic language in some ways, eg. the order of words in a sentence being interchangeable, but yes, the French will be a big boost.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota manax materiam possit materiari?
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-25, 18:14

Thingy wrote:Well, if you speak french, it'll be a little easier. Pretty hard language though, and not very useful either these days.

Well, one of the plus sides of learning it is I believe I don't have to speak it in class like I would with french. In french you can't talk english which sucks, I mean that's how it is in secondary, but I haven't done a language class in 2 and a half years, 3 years by the time I'm in university
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-01-25, 18:20

I'd recommend learning a modern language. Like spanish, italian or any of the major world languages.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-25, 18:26

All that's offered is french, latin and german. I don't want to do french, could care less about German, so Latin it is Smile Besides, it's the root of a good chunk of the languages anyways, so might as well learn the base language Smile
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2011-01-25, 18:41

Darkwing wrote:Translators are always wrong. Here's a fun way to test. Have a short story/paragraph written. Translate it to a language, translate it back, translate it to that language again, translate it back. Do this multiple times, then read the story/paragraph again.

I learned french in school, though it's been some years since I have taken it, I still remember a thing or two. On top of that, my sister is bilingual and therefore fluent in french, so I have her help on some things (though she wasn't home when I translated that)

there's also one involving "When Will Puberty Hit Justin Bieber?", then translate it to Vietnamese (I think) and then back to english... the answer is quite amusing Very Happy

@Shem... You do know that what you said wouldn't make sence to a real citizen of the Roman Empire, right?
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Deoran Drages 2011-01-25, 18:44

heh, i i know english, a tiny bit of arabic and thats pretty much it and my arabic is whatever ive picked up from my arabic studies teachers over the years.... my french, spanish, german and italian is limited to whatever you hear on tv, though i picked up quite a few italian swear words from assassins creed 2

anyway, in canada isnt french one of the official languages?

Deoran Drages
Deoran Drages
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2011-01-25, 18:45

JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-25, 19:01

Deoran Drages wrote:heh, i i know english, a tiny bit of arabic and thats pretty much it and my arabic is whatever ive picked up from my arabic studies teachers over the years.... my french, spanish, german and italian is limited to whatever you hear on tv, though i picked up quite a few italian swear words from assassins creed 2

anyway, in canada isnt french one of the official languages?

It is, but all that means is government officials are required to speak both languages. Most of the population of Canada can only generally speak English or French, the group the can speak both is still quite small, like 30% tops (I think Razz )
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2011-01-25, 19:33

I'm going to try and learn french maybe find some classes somewhere, isn't alot of french and english words similar or you can work them out with a bit of common sense?
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Homer 2011-01-25, 20:01

Darkwing wrote:All that's offered is french, latin and german. I don't want to do french, could care less about German, so Latin it is Smile Besides, it's the root of a good chunk of the languages anyways, so might as well learn the base language Smile

Deutschland Deutschland uber alles...
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7388
Registration date : 2007-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-01-25, 20:16

Ja, und bratwurst.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Homer 2011-01-25, 20:34

Currywurst?
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by rrps700 2011-01-25, 20:35

Je parle un petite peu de francais.
rrps700
rrps700
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 757
Location : Lat (WGS84) N54:58:59 (54.982953) Long (WGS84) W1:29:27 (-1.490760) LR NZ326654 m
Registration date : 2010-04-11

http://rrps700.zxq.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by rrps700 2011-01-25, 20:36

Philly Homer wrote:Currywurst?
yum my fav food ever.
rrps700
rrps700
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 757
Location : Lat (WGS84) N54:58:59 (54.982953) Long (WGS84) W1:29:27 (-1.490760) LR NZ326654 m
Registration date : 2010-04-11

http://rrps700.zxq.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-01-25, 20:43

Philly Homer wrote:Currywurst?

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEEEEEIN! GROBEN HARIGEN KARTOFFELN! ZU FORT!
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Homer 2011-01-25, 21:00

Besser

Lets see who knows there fench without TRANSLATOR! DSC01537

Hee hee Razz
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by A-BIack_Man 2011-01-26, 01:33

Spanish is where it's at. Here at least, cuz i'm soon to be the minority.

German would be pretty sweet to learn though.
A-BIack_Man
A-BIack_Man

Male Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Homer 2011-01-26, 01:34

German's great. French leaves out basically the last 7 syllables of every word. German says everything... and more.
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-26, 01:42

I really could care less about German. I like the smoother sounding languages like the Romantic Languages
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Homer 2011-01-26, 01:52

But if you learn German incorrectly, everything you say will have a sexual meaning! So learn German, but learn it incorrectly at the very least.
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Genix Warrior 2011-01-26, 04:12

ha ha, he has got a point.

Hier ist die Verbindung zur Seite, die ich verwende, Es kann es zuweilen falsch verstehen aber.

Aidera-t-il quelqu'un ou c'est juste merdique ?

http://webtranslation.paralink.com/English-French-Translation/
Genix Warrior
Genix Warrior
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-01-26, 10:42

German is awesome, Germany is awesome. That's all. Or, well, if you ignore the whole racism/anti semitism thing they've got going on down there...
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-26, 10:50

Philly Homer wrote:But if you learn German incorrectly, everything you say will have a sexual meaning! So learn German, but learn it incorrectly at the very least.

And that is a benefit....how?
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-01-26, 10:54

You will be declared officially awesome by the council of awesomeness.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-26, 10:55

One, I've already been declared that multiple times in the last few years, two, why would I care? Three, it's my decision so leave it alone
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-01-26, 11:05

Scheiser... *Picks up his time phone* mein Fuhrer... er will nicht Deutsch lernen. nein... ja... nein... nein, Ich kann seine Meinung nicht ändern. Wir müssen ihn töten.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2011-01-26, 11:29

Apologies, had to be done at some point.
Philly wrote:Deutschland Deutschland uber alles...
I've had a telling off from German people for saying that before. Apparently "Germany over all"=Nazism.

Anyway, my favourite German phrase is "ein wal auf dem dach"
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Homer 2011-01-26, 12:30

Yeah, they reduced their badass anthem to just the last stanza. It's depressing.

Mine is "ich bin schwer." Oh, and...

Ich bin ein Berliner.
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-01-26, 12:36

Yup... That sucks. I mean, i'm all for keeping the nazis as far away from politics as humanly possible, but come on... How can ''Germany above all'' be nazi?
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Homer 2011-01-26, 13:02

It's like their laws with swastikas and video games. I dunno, it's like white guilt except German guilt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_guilt

I suppose it's their penance or whatever. Deprecating themselves
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtull 2011-01-26, 20:25

I think hitler was a genius when it came to politics, and running a country
Jtull
Jtull
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5308
Location : How do you want me to put it? 6 figure grid reference? Codernates? 4 dimentional spacial codernates?
Registration date : 2007-12-04

http://twitter.com/#!/jbctull

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-01-26, 20:42

No he wasn't, he was just an incredibly lucky idiot with a serious hate boner for jews (poor, unemployed, badly educated people+hate=political victory.). And he sucked at running a country, his entire economy revolved around continued war. It worked out in the very short run, but even if he had won the war and taken over half the world, his little reich would have collapsed, taking half of europe with it into the abyss. And that, he didn't. He lost the war because he didn't have the brains to understand that invading soviet, a massive, incredibly cold wasteland with an army the size of the german population.

I mean, imagine if this assclown tried to win the elections in a Germany that hadn't been utterly decimated by WW1? He'd be laughed, then beaten out of the country.

Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by A-BIack_Man 2011-01-26, 20:57

Yeah he sucked at running a country, but he could easily manipulate people.
He had to have a lot of connections and known a lot of people too.
A-BIack_Man
A-BIack_Man

Male Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next