Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuclear Survival

+3
Vedic
A-BIack_Man
Nuchiha101
7 posters

Go down

Nuclear Survival Empty Nuclear Survival

Post by Nuchiha101 2010-09-24, 16:10

When Nuclear War happens, do you think you'll survive? If so, how? How will you survive afterwords with looters, murderers, molesters, and all of the crazy psychopaths? And even after that, what about the Radiation, how long do you believe you can survive?

Me, I will survive... My dad owns like 100 acres of forest, and we have multiple cabins, so we can go there. Plus we have like a entire armory of guns, and we have a huge ass stockpile of food and stuff in our basement. My mom and dad have older trucks with pure steel frames so they'll survive the blast... A room in my basement is like 5 feet of solid concrete, ermm, I mean about 2 meters, so we'll survive the blast. My parents own some back - up batteries so they can recharge the cars because nukes have a EMP blast. In a nuclear attack my parents would be shoot first ask questions later, but I'm like Shoot multiple times, ask no questions, but hey, I'm cold like that. My parents have friends in the mountains so yeah, our main cabin is on a mountain so we have the advantage of terrain. The looters won't be a problem, they'll be shot as soon as they are seen out the window... Radiation? No problem, the basement has 2 meters of concrete more than enough to cancel it out, and it takes about 2 hours for fallout to settle in more than enough time for me and my family to get out. The only problem is that there are two guys in the mountains who think they own everything and may demand rent or tribute for my father's land, and ' protection '. But hey, the guy is a panty - waist, he's all bark. The guy even tried to sell my dad's land once without his permission, tried to build on it, cut trees, a lot of things, I think he's still scared shitless...

So the mountains would be good, got a nice stockpile that can last several life times, and if rationed last many many life times. Plus there's a town not too far for supplies if they aren't destroyed, if it's destroyed, and it came down to it, I would loot the destroyed buildings. If it's undamaged and it seems someone is there, I wouldn't loot it, only loot ownerless stuff. So yeah, I'll surviev my entire life...
Nuchiha101
Nuchiha101
Cadet
Cadet

Male Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-08-21

Back to top Go down

Nuclear Survival Empty Re: Nuclear Survival

Post by A-BIack_Man 2010-09-24, 16:41

ohhhh boy.... concrete wont help against radiation, unless your parents have lead deposits somewhere in that 100 acre land, that land wont help either. plus, it wont be fertile since a nuke will blow it up.
If anything of yours gets effected by an EMP, then chances are its completely dientegrated too, it takes one hell of a nuke to create an EMP. A HELL OF A NUKE.
multiple cabins? concrete basement? steel framed cars? vs a nuke? no shelter either, plus all of your guns will probably be destroyed. even if they weren't you wouldnt shoot everyone you saw. you may say that, but when the moment comes you wouldnt be able to "shoot multiple times"

really, there's no surviving a full out nuclear war. you also forgot about winter. we all be dead.
A-BIack_Man
A-BIack_Man

Male Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2010-09-24, 16:49

A-BIack_Man wrote: it takes one hell of a nuke to create an EMP. A HELL OF A NUKE.

I think anything over 1 Mt makes a Emp, and Russia's Warheads are around the 40-60 Mt range.
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1769
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 2010-09-24, 18:06

Concrete cancels out Gamma Radiation, which is the one you should be worried about. Nuclear weapons aren't as dangerous as video games and media portray them, a 20 megaton nuclear warhead would damage but not destroy Seattle... Plus, the largest nukes are like, about 20 - 50 megatons and that would destroy ground zero and wouldn't destroy much. The fire and radiation is what kills / destroys, and the fallout dust is heavier than it looks, so it will crush things... And like what Vedic said, even a tiny nuke can make a EMP, and I think it was 0.7 Megatons Vedic for a EMP :/

And you'll be surprised how good land is after a nuclear warhead, Nuclear Weapons aren't as powerful as people think they are. Nuclear Winter? Really? That would take hundreds of like 30 megaton nukes and most of the nuclear weapons are about 5 - 27 megatons.
Nuchiha101
Nuchiha101
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2010-09-24, 18:23

Even if Movies(ect) glorifies nukes to be mega powerful, they are still mega powerful. While it would take, one Tsar type ICBM to destroy a major city, it would only take a 44mt Nuke(which Russia has, and a lot of) to destroy (or most ) of any major city in the US.
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-09-24, 23:08

I'd survive just because no one actually gives two shits about Sweden. No one cares enough to waste a nuke on us. We're just a massive forest with a few farmers here and there, a couple of small cities sticking out and a tiny village here and there. Also, rheindeer. Shitloads of rheindeers.

So unless someone has a hard on for killing rheindeer with nukes, i'm gonna be fine.
Thingy
Thingy

Male Number of posts : 4452
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Homer 2010-09-25, 01:43

Fallout 3.
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7388
Registration date : 2007-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2010-09-25, 19:46

i live in a medium sized city, there are others that would be targeted first i am far enough away so anything up to 25mgt im out of the inital blast radius. I know many places to gather food,water,building materials and weapons. i have two cars but cars are pointless as fuel would burn and it goes bad after about a year plus roads would be destroyed so push bikes would be superior. i would also live in my home or close to my home if it where to badly damaged as i know the area, so i have a tatical advantage. i know how to treat radiation and prevent exporsure also i know where to get gieger counters.

once ive exhuasted the city's suplies i would move up to the small towns and villages that are all over the place in the north east england. also scotland would be a good place as it is largly uninhaboted and the have alot of wind turbines so i could run electricals.

i think my chances of survival are moderate and that is everyones chance as you may be in the blast radius or may have some prior warning, gamma is the most dangerous and is hard to prevent alpha and beta waves can be stoped with paper and wood/brick respectivly. but if it in dust or food it will burn your lungs/stomach and kill you. also a nuclear winter would be likely as the dust would cool the planet just like in volcanic erouptions.

last point for the first couple of weeks the air is dirty and dusty the rain is highly radioactive and all water sources would be undrinkable without proper treatments.
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 2010-09-26, 00:44

I live in Suburbs :/

But still, another plus is that my father's truck is a old style pick up so it can easily be turned into a Technical... While newer ones will be harder to modify :/

Plus the mountains would be easy to survive in, and wouldn't be targeted because, I mean, nothing but complete forest and only like 1 or 2 people there?

And plus there are a s***load of mountains to the blast wouldn't go far and the radiation would relatively stay in a certain area :/
Nuchiha101
Nuchiha101
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2010-09-26, 06:56

Nuch you have to take into affect of Radioactive dust, that stuff gose every after a Nuke explodes
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2010-09-26, 13:48

I'd survive... Who cares about portugal either way? : D

Sure, we are in the UE and NATO, but still... Who would care for a country with 40 f-16, 5 frigates and 60 leopard tanks? they would waste their nukes in the bigger alies and then invade us by land! (If they're still alive of course)...

But then comes the Fallout... The nuclear winter...

Ah I'd just run away to DJ's moon base : D He said I could use it If I stayed away from the control room... xD
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2010-09-26, 14:06

Meh count your self lucky, the Government is going to give away/sell more than Half of the Royal navies ships. putting us in 2ed place(one space above Portugal) leaving us with 26 ships.

The British government is a bunch of Words i will get banned for,
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-09-26, 14:17

Well... You don't really need a massive navy these days. 26 ships is enough.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2010-09-26, 14:51

But common! Both Portugal and UK are countries with huge naval traditions... Being reduced to an handful of ships is always bad...

Tell that to the US! 300+ ships isn't a massive navy you know?
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2010-09-26, 15:01

The British Empire nearly owned the world with there navy, How can you tell a country with a naval history of that , you keeping a quarter of your navy, and we will give the rest to some 3rd world counties?

even the damn french will have a better navy than us.
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2010-09-26, 15:09

Vedic wrote:The British Empire nearly owned the world with there navy, How can you tell a country with a naval history of that , you keeping a quarter of your navy, and we will give the rest to some 3rd world counties?

even the damn french will have a better navy than us.

Actually... a quarter of the known world... The Portuguese Empire did actually owned half of the known world... and during the Iberian Union, Portugal and Spain had almost the entire world...
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2010-09-26, 17:26

Then they lost said empire, the US became the leading superpower and Europe was reduced to a supporting role. Neither Portugal nor the UK need more than 26-30 ships, and building a massive navy that's just going to stay docked doing absolutely nothing all while sucking away at the military budget isn't a good idea. That money can go elsewhere, like the army, the branch that's actually engaged in combat more significant than ''Let's chase some black people in dinghies with incredibly low tech weaponry that couldn't scratch our hull even if it somehow managed to hit it, which it can't''. Or the civilian sector, there's plenty of people who would benefit from the money that would go to making big chunks of metal that are just going to be standing there, rotting to advance your country in the global ego competition.

@J They have 300 ships because they're a super power. They can afford them, and they need them to stay as a superpower. The UK and Portugal haven't been superpowers for a long long time.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2010-09-26, 19:09

Thingy wrote:Then they lost said empire, the US became the leading superpower and Europe was reduced to a supporting role. Neither Portugal nor the UK need more than 26-30 ships, and building a massive navy that's just going to stay docked doing absolutely nothing all while sucking away at the military budget isn't a good idea. That money can go elsewhere, like the army, the branch that's actually engaged in combat more significant than ''Let's chase some black people in dinghies with incredibly low tech weaponry that couldn't scratch our hull even if it somehow managed to hit it, which it can't''. Or the civilian sector, there's plenty of people who would benefit from the money that would go to making big chunks of metal that are just going to be standing there, rotting to advance your country in the global ego competition.

@J They have 300 ships because they're a super power. They can afford them, and they need them to stay as a superpower. The UK and Portugal haven't been superpowers for a long long time.

Actually the UK would benefit from having more than 30 ships... Portugal would benefit much If it had at least 10 frigates, since we're one of the entry point of europe to drug dealers and stuff like that...
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2010-09-27, 11:17

I'm supervised the US, hasn't said any think about stooping the Naval cut, considering, we are there greatest Allies.
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 2010-09-27, 13:17

The U.S can't support a massive navy, were in like a 10 fucking trillion dollar debt! Trillion doesn't exist in any place in the world besides the U.S debt :/

And Vedic, Nuclear Dust takes 4 - 8 hours to settle in, and it would take me about 2.5 - 3.0 hours to get out of there carrying everything I want...

The U.K could be considered a super power like some say, but then, they must be high... And Vedic, I'm French, you just talked down your greatest ally, wait, nevermind, that's the United States now.....

JP, no offense, but the EU would completely abandon you when it comes down to it. To them, Portugal has no resources, no money and is useless... But Portugal is useful, I mean, if Portugal got mad at Spain, they can cut off their connections to the Western World... I mean, they control like almost the entire Western Border right? And then they can blockade the rest they don't have covered by defense...

Samething with Poland, they can cut off the EU's connection to Asia... And Poland is like the world's 4th / 3rd largest Coal Supplier, and surprisingly, a lot of people in the U.S ( about 60% ) use coal... And more people in Europe use coal ( In Europe, for fuel, in America, for BBQ, and firestarter ). If Poland gets mad, the EU may collapse, too many people use coal there, and those that use coal for electricity use coal power plants, and very few use other resources.....

The E.U is a bad idea, I mean, if one country goes down, the entire union goes down. Like, the entire economy fell because Greece can't manage money.....

Plus another way the E.U is bad is because a lot of the countries had to change their constitution in some way, Poland has to make a entire new constitution..... I mean, it's going to take a long time to make a new one, or to even change it for that matter......

Vedic, ' Supervised the US '?
Nuchiha101
Nuchiha101
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2010-09-27, 16:58

i meant suprised. i was tired
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 2010-09-27, 18:11

You surprised the US? Did you ambush a US squad or something? Bomb threat?? HOW DID YOU SURPRISE THEM?????

Wait, America doesn't pay attention to crap.....
Nuchiha101
Nuchiha101
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2010-09-27, 18:22

ok your post makes no sense.
Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 2010-09-27, 18:23

How did you surprise the U.S??
Nuchiha101
Nuchiha101
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vedic 2010-09-27, 18:24

Vedic wrote:I'm suprised the US, hasn't said any think about stooping the Naval cut, considering, we are there greatest Allies.

Vedic
Vedic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 2010-09-27, 18:30

Oh, damn!
Nuchiha101
Nuchiha101
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2010-09-27, 18:43

I think he meant he was "supervising" or something like that... Still...

Anyway... If we did that, both Portugal and Poland would be also pretty screwed...
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 2010-09-27, 18:55

Yeah, but they are key countries, without them Spain / E.U would fall, and even if you did take them over, there would be huge rebellions! Portugese people are proud! Polish people are like super proud because they got conquered at least two times, so they know what to do :/

A lot of families in Poland have weapons because there is tension because the damn russians killed our president!
Nuchiha101
Nuchiha101
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: