Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliders Reunion

5 posters

Go down

Should I post script

Sliders Reunion I_vote_lcap100%Sliders Reunion I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 6 ]
Sliders Reunion I_vote_lcap0%Sliders Reunion I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Sliders Reunion Empty Sliders Reunion

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-11, 01:15

I am currently writing a television script for a Sliders reunion that brings the original cast back. It is going well and I wanted to know if there was any interest by people here in reading it. I only ask because, before I can post it, I would have to get Copyright permission from Universal, the owners of the title, characters, and intellectual property and they will want to know where it is being posted as well as the primary use for the script. So, sound off aye or nay and, if I get permission, I'll post it here, either in its entirety (if permission is delayed and I finish the script) or in an Act format.
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Sliders Reunion Empty Re: Sliders Reunion

Post by Darkwing 2008-07-11, 12:05

wow, you would actually go and get copyright permission, i think i might say yes! i never did watch sliders, but had an interest in seeing it
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2008-07-11, 15:30

i vote yes, but i have never heard of it.I dont even think it has ever been on british tv.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7919
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-11, 16:13

Okay, I've started the process for the permissions with Universal. It could take a while. It will probably mean signing over the script to them before I am allowed to post it. That's all right. I'm just writing it for fun anyway. I'll update as I find out more. In the meantime, for those of you who haven't seen Sliders, Hulu is currently showing the first season (9 episodes) for free online. There is no download involved and the site is run by the movie companies themselves so it is perfectly legal. If you do go to watch them, refer to the comments on that site to see the correct viewing order. Fox broadcasting showed them out of order, which leads to some continuity problems but if you follow the order listed, you'll see the season as it was shot.
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-07-11, 16:16

if you're just posting it here, why do you need the copyright permissions. it's not like you're selling it, or actually producing it
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2008-07-11, 16:18

In fact, Star Trek also belongs to a coorporation (it's Universal or Columbia) and I'm writing a fan made story about it. I won't sell it, so, why would they bothering me? The same happens to you!
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-07-11, 16:21

and this is in a way a star trek forum
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-11, 19:26

Well, certainly, they are making it a pain in the butt to secure permissions. Every electronic inquiry goes "undeliverable." It is not a requirement that I do so. Copyright law prohibits unauthorized use of copyrighted material for ANY purpose but most companies have no problem with "fan fiction," so long as it is not sold or otherwise used to profit without proper renumeration to the copyright holder, etc, et al, and all that other crap. I was simply respecting the original copyright holder, St. Clare Entertainment in asking for permission. However, since St. Clare doesn't seem to be an entity any longer, I will simply move forward, putting in each post that the material is Copyrighted and all rights are those of Universal Studios, blah, blah, blah, and all that.

Now, keep in mind, a standard script is measured at 1 page = 1 minute of airtime. Hence, this script will be 47 or so full pages. I'll have to do it in sections in order not to create a massive splotch on the forum.

Finally, keep in mind that this work is one of my own devising and that any errors in continuity, style, or plot are mine and mine alone. The script contains dialog, action, and basic description. This will make the script confusing for anyone not familiar with the Sliders show so I will put in little extras when appropriate to clue you all in.

So, on with the show.
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-07-11, 19:38

have you considered uploading the whole thing as a word document or something?
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2008-07-11, 19:45

you could host it on the internet and post the link.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Sliders Reunion Empty Sliders Season 6 (My Version)

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-11, 19:51

Episode 1: Reunion

TEASER

EXT -- EARTH PRIME - STREET -- DAY

**Special note: Earth Prime is designated as the starting point from which the original Sliders departed. It is considered "our" earth.**

The blasted, rubble-strewn streets of San Francisco are devoid of life. Damage from the war is nearly total, though some buildings remain partially standing. Amazingly, the CHANDLER HOTEL remains upright, though it is pocked with energy weapon blast craters.

In the street outside the hotel, a RED VORTEX appears, swirling and emitting a HOWLING windstorm-like sound. Moments later, 3 other VORTEXES, identical to the first, open in the other 3 cardinal directions. The four vortexes face a central point. 4 yelling VOICES can be heard, rising out of some unseen distance.

REMBRANDT BROWN emerges from the first vortex and crashes to the street below in a painful heap. Three others shoot out of the other vortexes and land in a similar fashion. These three remain unseen. The four vortexes close with a FLASH and SOUND.

Remmie sits up and looks around wildly, expecting the Kromagg cavalry to swoop down on him. When he sees, instead, the other three lying in various positions around him, his jaw drops in shock.
**Excuse the dialog. This format does not support proper dialogue presentation. I will keep it centered to help differentiate it from action.**

REMMIE

Oh my God!

Sitting on the ground around him looking at each other in shock are QUINN MALLORY, WADE WELLES, and MAXIMILLIAN ARTURO.

Fade to:

OPENING CREDITS

**Final Note: In order to present the story properly, I will stay within the 7 Act structure of television writing. After each Act is a commercial break.**
++Sliders, the characters presented, and the intellectual property used within are copyrighted by Universal Studios. No part of or any future additions to this script may be used in any way that violates the copyright laws of the United States or International Copyright Laws, whichever is applicable.++

Last edited by eravenheart on 2008-07-13, 15:22; edited 1 time in total
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-07-11, 19:53

that's all right, i have seen some scripts with centered dialogue stargate i believe uses it
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-11, 19:57

Darkwing wrote:have you considered uploading the whole thing as a word document or something?

Actually, the entire script is not finished yet. I'm about halfway through. Right now, it's written in Movie Magic Screenwriter, which absolutely will not post to the net (it sucks in that way). Once it's finshed, I can convert it to a MS Word file but it would still be HUGE. Besides, I just wanted to post the teaser for right now, just because I love teasing people. jocolor If I can find a host for the document, I'd be glad to.

And before you ask, it should take at least 2 weeks to finish and polish the whole thing.
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-07-11, 20:00

understandable. i write my own scripts (as I am right now with Black Apocolypse) and it takes a while
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2008-07-11, 20:19

how is black apocolypse coming along?
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-11, 20:37

Quantum physics sucks. I had to familiarize myself with the Einstein-Rosen-Podalsky theory, Scrodinger's Cat Theory, and Everett's many-world theory. My brain is fried.

I'm going to go play Broken Mirror for a while and see how much money I can make and how high my skills can get without training or upgrading my runabout.
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-07-11, 20:43

ouch! i don't think i could stand to learn about that stuff. as for Black Apocolypse, it's coming. I'm starting a new script(I didn't like where the other one was going) and I imagine there'll be quite a few rewrites before I'm ready to begin preproduction.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-11, 20:51

Heh, movie scripts are pretty easy for me. I've already written 2. I'm writing this to challenge myself at writing for television, which is a hell of a lot harder. Good luck with the script.
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-07-11, 20:57

really, I'd prefer to write something more of a TV style as opposed to a movie script. I'm used to writing things in a television type format (except much shorter)
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-11, 21:05

My first movie was actually probably the oddest thing anyone ever thought I could write: a romantic comedy. Turns out to be the easiest thing in the world to write. I wrote the first draft in one 23 hour marathon. Of course, I ended up re-writing it 12 times over six months to get it right. Smile

Action scripts are the hardest to write simply because you have to be very meticulous on the character's movements without writing camera directions (if you're writing spec scripts, like I do).
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-07-11, 21:09

well, it's interesting, it's a sci-fi film noir set in the '40s
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-11, 21:20

Cool. Sci-fi is always good. But I think you're going to have to work really hard on the noir. A lot of people tried it and failed because they kept trying to commercialize it. But noir and sci-fi really do go well if it's done well. I look forward to seeing your writing.
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2008-07-13, 07:42

i like the first part of your script cant wait to read more but one thing do you HAVE to commercial breaks in a tv show?
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-13, 14:25

I'm not putting in commercials. But the format requires making space for them, which often equates to having little "mini-cliffhangers" at the end of each act. It's why television writing is more challenging than movie writing. You have to have the timing just right. And, when I do post the main script, I'll do so in a separate thread and ask admin to lock the thread until the entire script is finished to keep it from being broken up by comments. I'll also remove all extraneous formatting to save space so it may look weird but it'll read right.
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-07-14, 10:28

sure
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-14, 17:07

Act three is well underway. I should be finished by tonight (knock on wood). Acts 4-7 are going to be tricky. I've been running into problems with length (the story is too short as it is but can't be expanded without going over the seven act limit). At some point, I'll have to decide which is more important, the story or the format. I think I'll decide on the story since this isn't actually being written for production. So, expect Act 3 tonight and Act 4 by at least Wednesday, maybe Thursday.
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Sliders Reunion Empty Delays

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-21, 17:13

Ok, so I'm having a little difficulty getting Act 4 done. I've got the basic idea but I'm struggling with the specifics. I know this has a very *small* readership but I thought I'd at least offer up something instead of just leaving it hanging. So, if you are waiting for the next act, sorry about the delay.
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-07-29, 18:53

anything new yet?
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-29, 19:17

Putting the last touches on Act Five now. Been thinking ahead so I've been trying to mold the ending three acts to conform to Episode 2. The action is also picking up.
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-07-29, 19:18

great! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-29, 19:24

Well, it won't be a "finished" product. Keep in mind that this is all very rough, first-draft material. I haven't done any editing at all yet.
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2008-07-29, 19:41

ah well.its still good.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by eravenheart 2008-07-29, 22:13

Well, I may have to go through and edit it anyway. There's a few "glaring" errors that I may need to change up so... but thanks. I'll finish the episode first, then make revisions if needed.
eravenheart
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum