Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

raffitz's Flashgate

+9
Darkwing
Jtull
Jerome Star
JPB18
Darkjedi
Shemuel
me naam is m
Earthdeath
raffitz
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

raffitz's Flashgate - Page 3 Empty Re: raffitz's Flashgate

Post by JPB18 2008-08-09, 09:55

We might say that it is refined by diferent ways, being the weapons-grade naquadah more "inflamable" than the one used in it's engines, that it is more like an "super-conductor".
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by raffitz 2008-08-14, 08:44

Well, in MY version, which belongs and is being created by ME, there'll only be one kind of naquadah...

Also, about the new damage system, I'm thinking in not making it, because i'm afraid it'll be too complex, and I don't have enough patience to make all those sprites...

I might be releasing some screenshots later today...
raffitz
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://github.com/raffitz

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2008-08-14, 09:57

meh.. I got an Idea: create two sprites. one with a flawless hull, and one with damage markings... when the ship is damged, the unscathed sprtie would become transparent to show the damaged sprite underneath...
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9981
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Shield 2008-08-15, 03:43

raffitz wrote:Replace Antimatter with Fuel (Still working on a better name...)

Is it necessary to have a fuel factor? Throughout the Stargate history of space travel, fuel is never once mentioned in relation to hyperspace travel. It seems that Stargate universe space vessels somehow run without burning any sort of fuel, with the only constraint on hyperspace travel being transit time. Couldn't you concievably set all ships to zero antimatter consumption and perhaps black out the purchase antimatter button and so forth?

On the other hand, if you want to keep the antimatter factor present, you could consider replacing it with something along the line of consumables (food, water, etc) under the label "supplies." Just a thought.
Blue Shield
Blue Shield
Passenger
Passenger

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2008-08-15, 07:38

Yes they talk about fuel! Since the ancient ZPM to the Naquadah and the neutrino ion generator!
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...

Back to top Go down

Post by me naam is m 2008-08-15, 08:36

yes.. ZPMs use fuel... naquada, I thought.
me naam is m
me naam is m
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9981
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2008-08-15, 09:08

No! ZPM or Zero Point Module get their power source from an artificially created micro-universe located inside the device. Naquadah is a mineral extracted from most planets used in the Stargate and in Naquadah generator/ enhanced warheads!
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-08-15, 14:36

raffitz wrote:Well, in MY version, which belongs and is being created by ME, there'll only be one kind of naquadah...

Also, about the new damage system, I'm thinking in not making it, because i'm afraid it'll be too complex, and I don't have enough patience to make all those sprites...

i got it to work raffitz!! This is what you do (for more interesting damages that is)

OPen up the "player symbol"

Delete the damage mask from that symbol.

Opne up the shiptypes symbol. Between the actions layer and the layer with the pics on it, create a new layer. Then drag the damagemask symbol from the library onto that layer. For each sprite, create a new keyframe in your layer that has the damagemask. now, all you have to do is recreate the damage mask symbol for each sprite, each with their own damage. i oubt that this has made any sense, so let me know if you don't understand, cause then i'll throw together a tut with pics and all.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Shield 2008-08-17, 04:58

JPB18 wrote:Yes they talk about fuel! Since the ancient ZPM to the Naquadah and the neutrino ion generator!
Well, the ZPMs function as a battery, thus they can be depleted. However, ZPMs are only ever used as supplements which increase the speed at which a vessel may travel, making them more akin to the warp core item in BM (which is a hint that they should replace it Wink ).
Anyway, if you go back and watch the relevant episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis, you'll find that, while naquadah is a component in the engine, there's never any reference to a finite supply of it which could run out. Physically, that shouldn't be possible, but it is possible (within the bounds of science fiction) that the process of extracting energy from naquadah does not cause depeletion at any measurable rate (unlike, say, uranium.) Consider this: the Stargates are made entirely of naquadah, but they do not slowly dissolve with use (proven by the fact that the Antarctic gate is millions of years older than the Giza gate, but they are visually identical.)
So, in a nutshell, starship fuel is never referenced in Stargate. Antimatter should definitely not be renamed naquadah, because there's no evidence that naquadah can be/is used as fuel, at least not consumably.
Blue Shield
Blue Shield
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2008-08-17, 07:44

Yes I know, but in SGA episode "hide and seek", they refer that the shadow that a kid released from an Ancient storage tank would absorve all the energy in the naquadah generator and when the energy in the naquadah generator was depleted, they would try to absorve energy from people.
Look the naquadah as an oldest cousin of Uranium. The Uranium never depletes completely, but the naquadah never loses atomic mass, and only the power reserves inside it decrese until they have no electric power.
Comparing, if they powered the ship with large amounts of Uranium, they would only last for two years, but if they power a ship with naquadah, the same people who instaled the naquadah generator wont never touch the generator again.
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Shield 2008-08-17, 18:48

JPB18 wrote:Comparing, if they powered the ship with large amounts of Uranium, they would only last for two years, but if they power a ship with naquadah, the same people who instaled the naquadah generator wont never touch the generator again.
That's my point. While the energy output can possibly absorbed (shunted away from its typical destination), it never actually ceases as long as the generator runs. At least, there is no evidence of the energy output ever decreasing, at least within millions of years based on the fact that stargates continue to function. Therefore, a ship using a naquadah reactor for power would never need to recharge, which leads me back to zero naquadah consumption, and no fuel factor.
Blue Shield
Blue Shield
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2008-08-17, 19:04

You want to go using the example of the stargate... There was an episode in season 10 of sg-1 where they went to a location that which stargate had no power and they used a goa'uld naquadah bomb to power the stargate. They were capable of activating the stargate manually, after connecting the bomb to the stargate. Vala had activated the bomb, and after they connected it to the stargate, the bomb energy depleted!
And beside, the stargate was made to absorve any type of energy. Any! That is the reason that why the stargate has power after all those years!
One generator would be enough to suply power to a medium sized country for about 100 years. And I'm talking about the MkI naquadah generator, an MkII would last for 800 years and an ZPM would be enough for 10.000 to 100.000 years! A common nuclear reactor would only last for, at the max, one year.
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Shield 2008-08-17, 19:29

Okay, forget the stargate. It's been established that the power source is in the DHD, and it's safe to assume that the power source is naquadah, but that's a moot point right now.
I know that naqadah does eventually deplete, as uranium does. However, my point is, as you said, the portable naquadah generators regularly featured can power a small country for a period of time which can safely be considered "indefinite." Granted, a space vessel the size of, say, a Daedalus-class battlecruiser would have power requirements comperable or greater than that of a small country, but its generator would also be considerably larger than the portable naquadah generators (in the season six episode "Memento," the Prometheus is forced to jettison its reactor, and it is at least as large as an F-302), meaning that the naquadah supply would be proportionally greater.
The point I am making is that based on appearances, a space vessel of tau'ri design would not need to, for lack of a better term, fill its tanks for at the very least fifty years, and more than likely for more than a century, and possibly as long as a millenium. It is safe to assume that goa'uld vessels have comperable longevity, primaily because tau'ri designs are largely based on goa'uld ones, and that ancient and ori vessels are even further advanced and less likely to require frequent refuelling.
Blue Shield
Blue Shield
Passenger
Passenger

Back to top Go down

Post by raffitz 2008-08-17, 20:12

Darkwing wrote:
raffitz wrote:Well, in MY version, which belongs and is being created by ME, there'll only be one kind of naquadah...

i got it to work raffitz!! This is what you do (for more interesting damages that is)

OPen up the "player symbol"

Delete the damage mask from that symbol.

Opne up the shiptypes symbol. Between the actions layer and the layer with the pics on it, create a new layer. Then drag the damagemask symbol from the library onto that layer. For each sprite, create a new keyframe in your layer that has the damagemask. now, all you have to do is recreate the damage mask symbol for each sprite, each with their own damage. i oubt that this has made any sense, so let me know if you don't understand, cause then i'll throw together a tut with pics and all.

Actually, that made much more sense than you think!

What I want to do, though, doesn' involve a mask, but I guess the same principle can be applied...
raffitz
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2008-08-17, 20:19

so you are going to incorporate a damage system?
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7919
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2008-08-18, 10:11

Blue Shield wrote:

Okay, forget the stargate. It's been established that the power source is in the DHD, and it's safe to assume that the power source is naquadah, but that's a moot point right now.
I know that naqadah does eventually deplete, as uranium does. However, my point is, as you said, the portable naquadah generators regularly featured can power a small country for a period of time which can safely be considered "indefinite." Granted, a space vessel the size of, say, a Daedalus-class battlecruiser would have power requirements comperable or greater than that of a small country, but its generator would also be considerably larger than the portable naquadah generators (in the season six episode "Memento," the Prometheus is forced to jettison its reactor, and it is at least as large as an F-302), meaning that the naquadah supply would be proportionally greater.
The point I am making is that based on appearances, a space vessel of tau'ri design would not need to, for lack of a better term, fill its tanks for at the very least fifty years, and more than likely for more than a century, and possibly as long as a millenium. It is safe to assume that goa'uld vessels have comperable longevity, primaily because tau'ri designs are largely based on goa'uld ones, and that ancient and ori vessels are even further advanced and less likely to require frequent refuelling.

A ancient city ship with three fully powered ZPM's, at least at 10000 metres deep in the ocean, is capable of withstand the water pressure by 10000 years.
And the reason that why the naquadria generator (The prometheus used naquadria until the moment duo to the fact that it gave much more power to the goa'uld hyperdrive than the regular goa'uld generator) onboard the prometheus was two big was because it as a control grid similar to the one in nuclear reactors, that, in that case, I think that was melted.
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-08-18, 11:15

well, for the damages, i actually used sprites of the ships getting more and more damaged, the only thing, file size will be HUGE upon export!
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 2008-08-18, 11:23

Or, if it is possible, you could change the damage mask by a similar mask, that instead of losing ship parts, e see parts of melted metal.
JPB18
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2008-08-18, 11:32

that was what i was playing with, creating scorch effects and all,
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raffitz 2008-08-18, 18:46

Yeah, well, I've got a pretty good idea right now, and I'll keep it for the while... I won't explain it, cause I wouldn't be able to...
raffitz
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by raffitz 2008-08-23, 19:16

UPDATE:

Well, I have to give you the updates of this stuff... Some of these things I'm going to say were finished some time ago....
Things I made:

- Replace the intro music (I believe it's the only sound I'm going to add...
- Ships are all plugged in
- All the weapons I'm gonna make are finished, but the plug in part may still suffer some modifications...
- Main menu is partially finished
- All races' buttons are made and race pics are made as well...
raffitz
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Insane Crayon 2008-08-23, 19:27

Looks like your half way done.
Insane Crayon
Insane Crayon
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Female Number of posts : 4354
Location : PUT THIS IN YOUR BONG AND SMOKE IT. I AM A FREAKING SUPER NOVA
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by raffitz 2008-08-24, 07:51

Ahh, not really..., I still have to make all the stations, and then create the planets, modify the map (Because if I left the display of the planets the same, well, it wouldn't properly be funny.... After modifying the map I'll still have to assign stations to the planets....

Thank god I'm almost doen with the new HUD... By the way, it's the coolest thing you've ever seen.... I's based on the puddle jumper's hud, but green and cooler...
raffitz
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2008-08-24, 09:30

ill take your word for it.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by paulwall99 2008-08-24, 12:21

sweet
paulwall99
paulwall99
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by raffitz 2008-08-24, 12:22

You'll see it soon... I believe I'll release another beta when the HUD is done...
raffitz
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2008-08-24, 12:23

good.i cant wait.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Insane Crayon 2008-08-24, 16:38

I wish you luck
Insane Crayon
Insane Crayon
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Female Number of posts : 4354
Location : PUT THIS IN YOUR BONG AND SMOKE IT. I AM A FREAKING SUPER NOVA
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by paulwall99 2008-08-24, 17:12

good luck
paulwall99
paulwall99
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by zulian 2008-08-25, 00:15

"God speed John Glen...*silence among the people and shudering of hope arises in the crowds around the world waiting for raffitz.*"
zulian
zulian
BANNED
BANNED

Male Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by raffitz 2008-08-25, 09:20

I don't really know where that citation is from... Sorry... But thanks anyway.... Meanwhile, my planet commscreen is giving some problems, as I'm trying to get it lower, because my stats panel (weapons, antimatter, etc...) occupies a large part of the screen, and the two are over each other....
raffitz
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2008-08-25, 12:06

how big do you need the stats?
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by raffitz 2008-08-25, 18:49

What? I didn't really understand your question... Sorry... Well, I'm working on the problem....
raffitz
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by zulian 2008-08-26, 00:34

that citation is from when apollo was landing on da moon!
zulian
zulian
BANNED
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by raffitz 2008-08-26, 13:14

Ah... *cough**cough*... Of course...*cough**cough* I knew that...*cough**cough*
raffitz
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by zulian 2008-08-26, 13:21

alright!
zulian
zulian
BANNED
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by raffitz 2008-09-13, 11:45

People, Flashgate Beta 2 is near... I only need to finish some stuff before I upload it... I'll do it probably tomorrow, because I have a party to attend to now...
raffitz
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2008-09-13, 11:51

cool!well, have fun at the party, and i am awaitingf the beta.i hoped i would get a chance to play it before i left!
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2008-09-13, 13:32

Whoop!
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by raffitz 2008-09-14, 08:50

Earthdeath wrote:i hoped i would get a chance to play it before i left!

Well, when are you leaving? I may release the beta today, but I'm not sure...
raffitz
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2008-09-14, 09:10

affraid Please do. And he's going away becauser he has an exercise or summat.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3