Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new star trek

Go down

new star trek Empty new star trek

Post by webxro 2009-08-22, 14:08

my dear creatures , while i was scanning the web aboard my furling scout ship i found this :

The untitled Star Trek sequel (also known as Star Trek XII) is the follow-up to the 2009 film Star Trek. Its development was announced on 30 March 2009, over a month before the first film was released.

J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk will be returning to produce the film via their company, Bad Robot Productions. Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman will again write the screenplay, along with Damon Lindelof; Orci, Kurtzman, and Lindelof will all receive producing credit, as well.

There is currently no word on whether or not Abrams will return as director. Abrams had previously stated he would be open to directing a sequel. [1]

The story is still in the early stages, and the filmmakers are waiting for reaction to the first film before deciding which direction to go. The writers are aiming to deliver the script to Paramount by Christmas 2009 for a possible Summer 2011 release.

All of the major actors in the film – namely, those portraying the core crew members of the USS Enterprise (John Cho, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, ZoĆ« Saldana, Karl Urban, and Anton Yelchin) – are contracted to appear in this film. [2]

Abrams has explained with the alternate reality set up in Star Trek, it would be "ridiculous to not be open" to ideas like resurrecting William Shatner's James T. Kirk or recasting Khan Noonien Singh. "The idea, now that we are in an independent timeline, allows us to use any of the ingredients from the past — or come up with brand-new ones — to make potential stories," he said. [3]

Abrams was also asked what number should the sequel have and he noted that if they make a sequel, "it would have a subtitle instead of a number." [4]

the real article can be found http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Untitled_Star_Trek_sequel
webxro
webxro
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum