Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect

5 posters

Go down

Mass Effect Empty Mass Effect

Post by leewatson1 2009-08-17, 09:27

Mass Effect Masseffect_box_cover

Mass Effect

Developer: Bio Ware

Publisher: Microsoft game studios

This game varies on price it is about £20 on disk (depending on what version i have classic version its about £23) and can be bought for £20 on the new xbox 360 games on demand section

Gameplay:

There is only one game mode which is the camp;aign but during the campain you can also visit many other systems whith some you can visit planet surfaces.

There are 6 classes: Each class contains several talents; as each talent is leveled, the character either gains stats (extra health, stamina, etc), unlocks new abilities (for example leveling the Shotgun talent unlocks the Carnage ability, which allows the character to fire a concentrated explosive blast from the Shotgun), or unlocks other talents. Each class also possesses a unique talent with the same name as its respective class; the characters may also have talents tied to their background.

When characters are first created, six classes are available: Soldier, Engineer, Adept, Infiltrator, Sentinel, and Vanguard. Soldiers are the most skilled with weaponry, Engineers make use of the omni-tool and tech-abilities and the Adept are the best at using the biotics. The other three classes are combinations of the first three. Infiltrators are a combination of Soldiers and Engineers, the Sentinel is a combination between the Engineer and the Adept, and the Vanguard are a combination of the Soldier and the Adept. These combination classes don't have as much skill as the main classes (i.e. Vanguards have access to half of the soldier skills and half of the Adept skills).

Players also have some control over their character's back story. They are able to choose either to have been a "spacer" (born and bred in space), a "colonist" (born on one of Earth's extrasolar colonies), or an "Earthborn" (hailing from the streets of one of Earth's cities). They also choose whether they have been the sole survivor of a terrible battle, a war hero, or a ruthless soldier. These backgrounds have only a small effect in the game, although many characters reference the player's chosen background when talking to Commander Shepard, and these can also affect whether some side-quests become available or not.

You play as Commander shepard (first bame is player made) but you can choose 2 of 6 characters to join you in your squad and depending on what decisions you make depends whether they live or die.

Graphics: This game has some good graphics it works well on a HD TV the water graphics are about average but beating the halo water graphics. bullets damage to building and scenery does not affect it and looks more like and energy weapon than a bullet hole. the characters and scenery graphics are good and are some of the best i have seen.

Sounds: The sounds on the game are alkright apart from the game lacks sound in some crucial areas the bullets sounds fit the way the guns look and handle. All the characters voices fit well with the NAP but change the apperance of youre character and youre voice sounds really wierd. the vhiecle and water affect are quite good. The sounds are better if youre not using turtle beach headsets.

Overwiew:

I give the gameplay an 7/10, as good as it is, it gets repetitive as it is very small and there are very few planets you can land on(you cant land anywhere in our solar system apart from the moon in a side quest).

Graphics 8/10 they are above par for most games.

Sounds 8.5/10, they are really good when there implied but it would be better if they had more sounds in key areas and aspects of the game.

Definately reccomend this game to anyone who likes 3rd person shooters and to everyone else i would still reccomend getting it.
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect Empty Re: Mass Effect

Post by webxro 2009-08-17, 09:50

nice review you have 10/10 carrots for this one but you should chose games that you really like and that are very goods i don`t think a game whit 7/10 gameplay should have a review you can try and chose one whit 9/10
webxro
webxro
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by A-BIack_Man 2009-08-17, 10:20

a game with 7/10 gameplay definately deserves a review. so does one with 2/10, its just your rating and if you reccomend it, which he did.
A-BIack_Man
A-BIack_Man

Male Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by leewatson1 2009-08-17, 10:34

im only making reviews of games i currently have and i will be making one about halo 3 ODST when i get it on the first day of uk luanch
leewatson1
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2009-08-17, 10:49

Awwww... I was hoping to do this one after my star wars rampage... Ah well, i might do my own take on it later. But this one was great, you should try to improve your spelling though.
Thingy
Thingy

Male Number of posts : 4452
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by webxro 2009-08-17, 10:59

or you can let firefox underline you mistakes
webxro
webxro
Ensign
Ensign