Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The galaxy problems...

+2
FlashFreak22
Karlo
6 posters

Go down

The galaxy problems... Empty The galaxy problems...

Post by Karlo 2009-04-12, 05:55

Hey, Meganew, i think things have to be sorted out, i think there should be a list of the basic neccessticies in research, i mean how would we know if we still needed to research shields? or needed to research certain ship classes?(e.g basic ship classes, Destroyer, Cruiser etc.)

then after that is sorted out, then the empire can actually research any technology at any time, even without researching shields or the nexxecities(IF you make it required to research shields before being able to use it....

hers a few suggestions...

no.1 have a bio update rule included, I mean if this guy defeats and takes some planets from the other guy, more information about the planets' empire will appear in the bio...(the empire that formerly owned the planet must give off some information)

no.2 do what is said above, place a list of simple research technologies, which all players can research, also includes station plans(which gives you access to build all of your empire's stations, same rule applies to ships except specifically, like research on destroyer classes give access to yuor empire's destroyer classes)

no.3 i think you can take technologies from planets if you capture them called REVERSE ENGINEERING(meaning all technology on the planet will be given to you! however it is your choice to vote whether the technology you gain is something you can only understand, like for example: if you capture a planet from the finilens, then you gain a destroyer class research, you would only learn destroyer research in your race, meaning you don't gain any capability to build ships of finilens in the class, thats the first option, heres the second, when you capture a planet to the finilens, and you gain technology like dreadnought class, you gain ALL SHIPS IN the finililens fleet in the class of dreadnought, these are all optional, vote which you prefer) furthermore, you only gain 50% of technology on the planet(the former owner can decide what of the 50% to give to the enemy, also meaning if you already captured destroyer class from the same owner earlier, and if you get it again, then it is useless), and as a way to make it difficult for both players: defender, at any time, can use a secondary turn which allows you to do special tasks like remove technology from planet, however by removing it, you can no longer utilize this technology on the planet during the battle and afterwards(until 3 turns afterwards after the battle has ended and if the defender still owns the planet), how can this effect? this is how:

ships: ship classes research that are moved out of the planet can no longer be built on the planet, further more, if you warp in or have any of these ship classes in the battle, in 2 turns after removing the ship class, those ships will basically fail due to lack of knowledge to maintain it, this happens even in a battle or after a battle, the same goes for stations.
research like shields, etc.:
if these research effects ships and stations(like shields), and your remove them during the battle or at anytime, the effect of these researches will end in 3 turns.
and if it was a shield reseearch you removed from the planet, they will no longer regenerate and they take 20% more damage

oya secondary turns should be placed into the game, these are special turns you can use at anytime and you can still use the normal turns at the same time too, these scondary turns can only be used in removing technologies from planets, and other functions you'd like to add(you decide)

Technology sharing:
simply by its name, you can share your technolgy to your allies, but there is a delay, you must wait for 5 turns before you have access to this technology or shipclasses etc.
WARNING: the original owner of this technology can easily take the technology back with no delay, meaning you can no longer build those ships or maintain them for long(5 turns before those ships defect) if you were the one who were given the technology then they were taken from you from the original owner...
the original player can build the technology he lent at anytime...

NOTE: when i prefer by turns, i refer to the turns that have passed.

Last edited by Karlo on 2009-04-16, 05:15; edited 1 time in total
Karlo
Karlo
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2008-09-21

http://3700ad.motionsforum.com

Back to top Go down

The galaxy problems... Empty Re: The galaxy problems...

Post by FlashFreak22 2009-04-12, 09:16

I don't think we should even play the RP. You can just simply say, "I built the most powerful prototype ship ever and conquer your world!" There is no actual build time, cost, combat rules, income, just do whatever you want!
FlashFreak22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1510
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy-Scarface 2009-04-12, 13:14

we should make a rule where you cant make a post until all the other empires have had a turn, or unless no empire has posted for 2days.
Galaxy-Scarface
Galaxy-Scarface
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3090
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlo 2009-04-16, 04:26

good idea, Meganew try to listen to these suggestions, they may jsut change the interface of the game for the better Smile
Karlo
Karlo
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Deoran Drages 2009-04-16, 04:28

er... karlo hasn't meganew bin banned?
Deoran Drages
Deoran Drages
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlo 2009-04-16, 04:39

Yea he has, luckily my ban was shorter Razz

well im sure he can still read this topic since its in the role playing section...
Karlo
Karlo
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Deoran Drages 2009-04-16, 05:35

i don't think meganew will be welcome when he gets back... i dont see the point of him readin it for a while...
Deoran Drages
Deoran Drages
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2009-04-16, 15:11

Karlo wrote:Yea he has, luckily my ban was shorter Razz

well im sure he can still read this topic since its in the role playing section...

And why were you banned, Karlo? Pointless posts perhaps?
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlo 2009-04-20, 12:49

Shemuel wrote:

Oh yes, another Karlo necro.

yea i think you already knew Razz

i posted in old topics thats why...

i forgot i was reading OLD topics, SORRY!
Karlo
Karlo
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganew Trek 2009-04-20, 14:59

Well, I'm back again. Interesting. Well, I don't have time to modify it at all, since I could get banned any moment.
Meganew Trek
Meganew Trek
BANNED
BANNED

Male Number of posts : 2656
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlo 2009-04-20, 16:28

yay

well if you read Galaxy v3's first and second post, it said ersearched new shield technology and built shipyards. now you have a choice to pick if these already are ready in the game and you no longer need to resarch it, or you can do it all the way around.
Karlo
Karlo
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum