Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STORY TYPE: VOTE POLL ASAP!!!

+3
Darkwing
FlashFreak22
Karlo
7 posters

Go down

Which do you prefer?

STORY TYPE: VOTE POLL ASAP!!! I_vote_lcap9%STORY TYPE: VOTE POLL ASAP!!! I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
STORY TYPE: VOTE POLL ASAP!!! I_vote_lcap17%STORY TYPE: VOTE POLL ASAP!!! I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
STORY TYPE: VOTE POLL ASAP!!! I_vote_lcap74%STORY TYPE: VOTE POLL ASAP!!! I_vote_rcap 74% 
[ 17 ]
STORY TYPE: VOTE POLL ASAP!!! I_vote_lcap0%STORY TYPE: VOTE POLL ASAP!!! I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 23

STORY TYPE: VOTE POLL ASAP!!! Empty STORY TYPE: VOTE POLL ASAP!!!

Post by Karlo 2009-04-10, 12:22

fpr the sake of everyone enjoying the story, which do you prefer?

1. a story wihch is filled with ONLY characters scripts (narrator not counted)

2. a story which is ONLY NARRATED and nothing else

3. mixture of both

4. NONE
Karlo
Karlo
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2008-09-21

http://3700ad.motionsforum.com

Back to top Go down

STORY TYPE: VOTE POLL ASAP!!! Empty Re: STORY TYPE: VOTE POLL ASAP!!!

Post by FlashFreak22 2009-04-10, 12:24

C. You need some montone monlouge. Also, what do you mean by "Character scripts?"
FlashFreak22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1510
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlo 2009-04-10, 12:27

E.G

DOG: GIVE THE DOG YOUR FOOD
RALPH: ... AHH!!!!!!

"montone monlouge" ?
Karlo
Karlo
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2008-09-21

http://3700ad.motionsforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashFreak22 2009-04-10, 12:30

(Inside joke.)

Ok, the story should be both, except more narraration.
FlashFreak22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2009-04-10, 13:04

yeah, it is a top on flash game after all, character interaction doesn't happen much. there needs to be a villain methinks
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deoran Drages 2009-04-10, 20:18

so far bm was only bit of narration then play and kill ya head off maybe some character interaction but that cant really happen much... unless ya something like hero ship/s that roam around random systems that you can recruit to your cause or something
Deoran Drages
Deoran Drages
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kenji03 2009-07-08, 05:44

To be honest the story doesn't really matter that much to me. It's kind of like the "story" of a Poke'mon game, or the story of Caravaneer(http://www.sugar-free-games.com/showgame.php?game=849 another godly flash game). Sure it's kind of nice to feel like you have a goal, but the gameplay system is what makes me love Broken Mirror.

The idea of starting off with just a ship and trading here and there to save up and buy my own planet is a dream come true. While I do feel the trading system in BM could be made a little more natural (I know it'd be a ton of work to overhual it, but in BM1 you only really made profit from doing planet-assigned trades. Buying and selling your own goods felt pretty useless).

Some kind of story would be interesting, but only as an added bonus to the already obvious goal.

I like DarkWings premise in the BM3 beta. Starting off as the last ship of a destroyed empire and having to escape, do side missions to earn enough cash to repair your ship, save up enough or gain enough skill to take over a planet and revive the fallen empire. I loved that idea because it flowed so naturally with the pre-existing idea of BM1.

I don't really see the need for individual characters, as then we have to ensure the characters are people we will enjoy (instead of ending up like Titus from FFX). A loose naration seems best in my eyes.
kenji03
kenji03
Passenger
Passenger

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashFreak22 2009-07-08, 06:37

Hello Kenji. My name is FlashFreak22. Your name is Kenji. Your nickname is the grand necro. Want to know what a necro is? Post some spam on a very old topic, and I'll bet on which admin bites your head off. ED.
FlashFreak22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2009-07-08, 13:16

oh boy. well, it wasn't exactly spam becayse i do actually have something to say to this. overall I have learned that a lot of people prefer story/gameplay to anything else in a game. If it were to just stay the way it was engine-wise, and not really have a purpose, there would be no point in making BM3, as you might as well just play BM1. In my personal opinion, I find BM1 boring because it is very limited gameplay-wise as to what you can do. The whole campaign story thing will allow the gameaply to change, to become interesting again and hopefully give some new twists and turns to the game.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy-Scarface 2009-07-08, 14:30

as well as new playable modes, such as hero.
Galaxy-Scarface
Galaxy-Scarface
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3090
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthdeath 2009-07-08, 14:35

And obviously some entirely new species to play as.
Earthdeath
Earthdeath
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7919
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kenji03 2009-07-08, 16:48

Darkwing wrote:oh boy. well, it wasn't exactly spam becayse i do actually have something to say to this. overall I have learned that a lot of people prefer story/gameplay to anything else in a game. If it were to just stay the way it was engine-wise, and not really have a purpose, there would be no point in making BM3, as you might as well just play BM1. In my personal opinion, I find BM1 boring because it is very limited gameplay-wise as to what you can do. The whole campaign story thing will allow the gameaply to change, to become interesting again and hopefully give some new twists and turns to the game.
Unfortunately I beg to differ. BM3, as your posts and the demo showed, has a new interface and new game play mechanics. Those improvements to the game play system make me very interested in seeing BM3 completed.

If you need an example of improved game play with unaltered storyline, look at the Dynasty Warriors series. Each game is basically a major patch of the previous game, but people are STILL buying them like hot cakes!

I feel that way in accordance with BM3. I do agree that having a requirement placed upon you that you must complete BEFORE you can start running your own planet would add a very interesting dynamic to BM1, but the core idea of BM1 is still very attractive.

Start off trading goods, trade enough goods to "buy a planet" (buy 100 away team experience). Save up enough money through either trade or planetary commerce to get stations to upgrade your planets. Defend said planets (something that BM1 totally lacked and I feel BM3 should focus on: Defense and Attack). Conquer the galaxy. Conquer the wormholes (what I feel BM1 was horrible at, the wormholes and portal worlds should be extremely difficult challenges).

Edit: if you want my 2 cents on what should change in BM3 how about this.

1: Make it far more difficult to run your own planet. I find it pretty odd that I can essentially "buy" colonization pods (teleporting with 100 away team experience) and populate a planet up to 3m or more in just one day.
2: Make having defenses be more meaningful. It was pretty sweet that I did not really need to defend my planets from attack, but it was also boring. What is the point in building planetary defenses if all I am ever attacked by is a few ships my basic star station defenses can kill off?
3: Make end-game content. After conquering the galaxy, all that is really left is taking out the pirate planet in BM1, and whatever is out past that wormhole (200 nav exp) in BM2. How about a real challenge? Like saving up for a fleet that could take out a borg cube from BM1? Or how about 10 born cubes Cool
kenji03
kenji03
Passenger
Passenger

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2009-07-08, 19:05

be careful what you base your intel for BM3 on, because currently, nothing on this forum shows how BM3 will be. The interface has yet again been redesigned (well, in the process of) such that there is no more player panel or anything like that, but runs on a whole sensors system and is almost like you are looking at everything on a viewscreen. those things you mentioned were pretty much all conquest things, and I'm for the most part leaving that engine the way it is. the campaign is my focus
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum