Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blink-182 - Up All Night

3 posters

Go down

Blink-182 - Up All Night Empty Blink-182 - Up All Night

Post by Philly Homer 2011-07-26, 03:18

The new Blink song that was released a few weeks ago. It's taken many listens for it to grow on me, but I really do enjoy it. It's a lot heavier than what one would consider Blink's brand of pop punk, but it's just another step in the evolution of their sound. Having said that, however, I absolutely hate the breakdown at the end of the song. It's completely unnecessary, it doesn't fit in the song at all, and the song would have been perfectly fine ending before it. Hearing said breakdown while listening to the song is like finding centipedes in one's dream house; the house is nearly perfect, but it just has one quality that makes the house not-so-perfect.

They should keep the breakdowns to Angels and Airwaves.
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7388
Registration date : 2007-10-22

Back to top Go down

Blink-182 - Up All Night Empty Re: Blink-182 - Up All Night

Post by Shemuel 2011-07-26, 07:32

I'm beginning to find it strange that some bands still performing were formed when we were born. These guys have been making music for two decades.

-oh god. I looked up centipedes to see what the American versions are like. Those mothers are huge!
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Homer 2011-07-26, 13:19

That's not too strange to me cause they're not over the hill just yet. They're all on the right side of 40, which is the age I consider too old for certain types of music (pop punk.) What really strikes me, though, is the fact that The Rolling Stones is still active.

The centipedes that live in our houses are fast as hell. I hate em. How about you guys?
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 7388
Registration date : 2007-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by A-BIack_Man 2011-07-27, 03:08

Philly Homer wrote:
The new Blink song that was released a few weeks ago. It's taken many listens for it to grow on me, but I really do enjoy it. It's a lot heavier than what one would consider Blink's brand of pop punk, but it's just another step in the evolution of their sound. Having said that, however, I absolutely hate the breakdown at the end of the song. It's completely unnecessary, it doesn't fit in the song at all, and the song would have been perfectly fine ending before it. Hearing said breakdown while listening to the song is like finding centipedes in one's dream house; the house is nearly perfect, but it just has one quality that makes the house not-so-perfect.

They should keep the breakdowns to Angels and Airwaves.

well said
A-BIack_Man
A-BIack_Man

Male Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Philly Homer 2011-07-27, 03:15

Thank you kind Black sir
Philly Homer
Philly Homer
Commander