Flash Trek: The Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets see who knows there fench without TRANSLATOR!

+9
rrps700
Philly Homer
Deoran Drages
JPB18
Shemuel
Thingy
leewatson1
Darkwing
Genix Warrior
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lets see who knows there fench without TRANSLATOR! - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets see who knows there fench without TRANSLATOR!

Post by Thingy 2011-01-26, 21:05

Well, he was good at screaming, you can give him that... Seeing as that was pretty much all he did at his rallies. So, yeah, he was kind of good at manipulating people, but saying that it makes him a genius is like saying that George W Bush is a genius because he won the elections twice.
Thingy
Thingy

Male Number of posts : 4452
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Lets see who knows there fench without TRANSLATOR! - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets see who knows there fench without TRANSLATOR!

Post by Jtull 2011-01-26, 21:23

umm have you any idea what he did with the economy? his economy was actually based around industry and yea he used war as way to build industry. he had very good policy. from looking at his policy if I had been in Germany at his time I would have voted for him.
Jtull
Jtull
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5308
Location : How do you want me to put it? 6 figure grid reference? Codernates? 4 dimentional spacial codernates?
Registration date : 2007-12-04

http://twitter.com/#!/jbctull

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-01-26, 21:38

Yes. Industry. War industry. I doubt you can find a profitable way to sell tanks and mobile artillery to consumers. It completely depends on the other vehicles being destroyed or the wehrmacht growing, thus needing new vehicles, thus giving the factories something to do. It's how industry works. You need to replace something or make something new, so you make factories where a bunch of people put them together. If the things they're making aren't needed, the factory is put down instead of just cranking out the same thing to oversaturate the market, cost a crapload for the owner of the factory and waste perfectly good resources.

And yes, his ''let's all take vacations to the italian riviera! yaaaay!'' policy was good, but that's if you ignore the whole ''everyone who isn't a white, blonde german has to die'', ''the weak have to die'' and ''unemployment=off to the frontline'' thing. He had a couple of good policies for the people, but they were far outshadowed by policies that were, to the few remaining people with a functioning brain in germany, barbaric.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2011-01-26, 21:47

His policy was doomed to fail. Hitler wasn't really into the economy much, as long as it got him as many guns as possible. The pre-war idea of Autobahns and Keynsian thinking was actually the legacy of the Weimar government. And sure, stealing stuff from other countries is good, but once it's stolen, you can't (generally) keep stealing it. The Wehrmacht would have had to have kept advancing ad infinitum.
EDIT: I see Thingy has got here before me. I write my points in assumption that JTull only supports the economic sector of Nazi Germnay rather than including its political, although he is digging himself a hole.
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-01-26, 21:53

Oh, and while we're talking about the nazis, take a look at this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henning_von_Tresckow

He was one of the main actors in the plot to assassinate Hitler. He knew it was going to fail, and that he was going to die. But he did it anyway. Why? Because he wanted the world to know that there was some opposition to Hitler and his drooling hordes, that not all Germans are monsters. It's a shame kids don't learn about him in history class outside of Germany.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy 2011-01-26, 21:55

Actually, just read about the whole plot, it's information worth knowing.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-26, 22:03

Jtull wrote:I think hitler was a genius when it came to politics, and running a country

If it helps, I'm with you on this one. Everyone else likes to just automatically assume that because he was the bad-guy and we're the good guys that he was a bad leader. They're quick to judge, but that's their prerogative. Granted, he made the mistake of invading Russia and that's probably ultimately what made him lose the war, but remember, Hitler didn't just magically appear in 1949 to start WW2. He worked for years, building Germany up again, the people actually believed in him and remember, he wasn't your standard dictator that was like "follow my rules or die" to his people. It was their rules, Germany was the superior race. Though the ideals were massively skewed, he had nearly the entire country behind him, they believed in him. So when was the last time we believed in one of our leaders? One of the good guys?

Just food for thought and I know that Thingy among others is going to come back with this massive hate attack of why I'm wrong and blah blah blah, but like I said, our own opinions are our own prerogative and just remember this, I'm not hating your opinion and throwing a ranting fit over it. So more food for thought. Smile
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel 2011-01-26, 22:49

DW wrote:he wasn't your standard dictator that was like "follow my rules or die" to his people
:Kersplutter:!
Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtull 2011-01-27, 07:59

DW I think you may have missed a small part, if a general disagreed with him he killed him. that was most likely his biggest mistake of not listening to critical counsel. However scewed his ideas were he still got a country going and more powerful than any other of its time.
Jtull
Jtull
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5308
Location : How do you want me to put it? 6 figure grid reference? Codernates? 4 dimentional spacial codernates?
Registration date : 2007-12-04

http://twitter.com/#!/jbctull

Back to top Go down

Post by Deoran Drages 2011-01-27, 18:45

has anyone seen the movie inglorious basterds by quinten tarintino? it was funny ww2 movie, but almost completely a fantasy....
Deoran Drages
Deoran Drages
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing 2011-01-28, 01:57

It was made to essentially be a Nazi propaganda film more or less, at least that was the goal of the overall style/vision of the film
Darkwing
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Devil 2011-02-05, 17:28

Gorn Regime wrote:I will post a series of french sayings and I will see who can answere them ok.

Soyez bienvenus au forum de randonnée d'éclat, j'espère que vous appréciez votre séjour

Je déteste noobs et flamers vous font ?

un des jeux de randonnée d'éclat a besoin du travail, qu'un ?

merci pour votre temps!

there they are, have a go Very Happy

1???
2: I hate noobs and flamers, you too?
3:???
4:thanks for your (temps)
Irish Devil
Irish Devil
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy-Scarface 2011-02-05, 20:18

you do know that those have already been answered, right?
Galaxy-Scarface
Galaxy-Scarface
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3090
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Devil 2011-02-07, 19:08

i do now! but i didn't when i posted, oops
Irish Devil
Irish Devil
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2